sova
Multisite !
  • 2010/12/20 16:25

• sova

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/4/13

How is working with the module Multisite ?

I have a site with 5 SubDomain.
How the main site user can be entered on the SubDomain site?

bhndbrwneyes
Re: Multisite !

I too need help with this mod. I have read a little bit on multisites in the module depository. I set up a subdomain and pointed the directory the same as the root install of the script but then when I went to the subdomain in my browser I got an error message. I forgot what it said but I think it was along the lines of 404.

Also, I'm not entirely sure what the capabilities of this multisite mod is but I'm looking for the following features and I'm wondering what is the best is to go about getting them (multisite or separate installations)

1.) I want to have one domain and lots of subdomains off of it. I would like to use one install of the script and one database because I want users to be able to navigate to any of the subdomains and their information and stats still be intact.
2.) I want the layout to change with each multisite which I know is possible with the mod
3.) However, say my site is about movies or something (which it is not). I want my user to be able to go to movie site #1 and all the content there to be about that movie. The polls, articles, news stories, forum, etc will all be about just that movie #1. Then the user would navigate to movie #2's site and all the information on that site would be about just that movie. If the user navigates to the main domain (without a subdomain in from of the url) then the user will see a mix of content from all of the movies.

fdeconiac
Re: Multisite !
  • 2011/3/9 10:07

• fdeconiac

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2008/11/29

I also would be happy to get more information about multisite!

I already tried manytimes this module, but without success. I would be happy to see a website where it's working!

I saw that Xoops 3 would maybe include it in the core... ? Would be great to simplify the installation of such module!

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits