Botats
wysiwyg editor not working
  • 2010/9/19 2:41

• Botats

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/8/29

I recently upgraded to AMS 3.0. The install wiped out the wysiwyg editor that was there previously. I uploaded ckeditor and frameworks. Not sure I have them in the right directories but it doesn't so show as an editor choice in AMS preferences after upating.

I need to get this to work, html for articles is a real pain. Is there a better wysiwyg editor I should be using? Is there a step I am missing? Any help is greatly appreciated. I am a newbie, so please explain in simple terms.

Thanks!

ghia
Re: wysiwyg editor not working
  • 2010/9/19 3:21

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

XOOPS and prevous AMS version?

Normaly, with XOOPS 2.3.x and 2.4.x, there is no need to install Frameworks.

Maybe you made a modification in the previous AMS version to make it work with the WYSIWYG editors. Compare a backup with the original module files of the previous version.

Botats
  • 2010/9/19 3:34

• Botats

• Just popping in

Thanks for responding.

Xoops Version - The version of XOOP is 2.0.13.2 and previous AMS 2.41.

I did not conduct the original site set-up, so I am not sure what was done. Regardless, is there a way the get the new install editors to work, rather than comparing the old template with the new? I am not a wiz with html, so that could be problematic..

BTW the 2 editors showing up in preferences currently are Xoops editor & dhtml. It doesn't matter which one is chosen, they both show up as basic html editor. the reason for this post to begin with..

ghia
  • 2010/9/19 5:45

• ghia

For AMS 3 you need to have the editorsin /class/xoopseditor
Try to copy files from the XOOPS 2.4.5 archive.

You must once prepare to upgrade your XOOPS 2.0.13, because mixing the newest module versions with your old XOOPS will get you in trouble, because these modules may rely on functions only provided by the newer XOOPS versions.

Botats
  • 2010/9/19 5:53

• Botats

• Just popping in

I checked and it seems that I do not have a "/class/xoopseditor" directory. So i uploaded the Xoop editor directory as you mentioned but had to uninstall because it was causing a conflict. I am back to square 1. Any other suggestions are welcomed.

I am intending to do an upgrade. The last look was very daunting for my newbie brain. That said, I will read the instructions again and attempt it in short order.

Thanks again!

ghia
  • 2010/9/20 6:25

• ghia

Maybe try to change the paths in xoops_version.php

Login

Who's Online

176 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 176

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits