psaxtiri
Upgrade from version 2.0.18.12
  • 2010/9/16 15:34

• psaxtiri

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/17

I use xoops version 2.0.18.12 and I wish to upgrade to the ..latest version of xoops!

What are the steps I had to follow?
Will my theme (bought from xoops design) fit at the latest version of xoops?
What about the modules I use?

My questions are a little bit generalized but I will make it clear with the first answer question of you.
Greece.
Xoops 2.0.18.12

GPboarder
Re: Upgrade from version 2.0.18.12
  • 2010/9/17 2:55

• GPboarder

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/10/6

That is quite an old version. I would try doing the upgrade steps locally on a test site first. That will give you the answer for sure regarding the theme and modules.

In the latest version there are release notes that give step-by-step instructions for the upgrade.

Use the checksum files to make sure you have everything uploaded properly before attempting the upgrade.

If you list the modules you are wondering about, someone may be able to better advise you what is likely to work or not.
Optimism is the mother of disappointment.

psaxtiri
  • 2010/9/17 15:31

• psaxtiri

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2007/6/17

You are quite right it's an old version :)

It's been years since i mess up with xoops for a first time and i am getting older so my memory neads a refresh.

It seems a good idea to do everything locally first but..tell me something..

If i am correct i will need
1) the latest version of xoops of course
2) the content of my existing site (witch files exactly? all the site? )

Is there a guide to do so?

Do i have to setup again apachy and stuff like that locally again?

For the modules i think it comes second to this. I mean let's first see the upgrade issue and then i will check for modules (or am i wrong? )
Greece.
Xoops 2.0.18.12

kakos
  • 2010/9/17 20:23

• kakos

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/6 2

All you need are the full package. Download it and read the /docs/release_notes.txt ...

especially at this point
Quote:
Upgrading from XOOPS 2.0.* above 2.0.14 and 2.2.* (using the full package)

0. Unpack the archive to your LOCAL computer (e.g. PC) in a temporary directory.
1. Move the "upgrade" folder inside the "htdocs" folder (it's been kept out as it's not needed for full installs) on your local computer
2. Delete htdocs/mainfile.php, htdocs/install/, htdocs/cache/, htdocs/template_c/, htdocs/themes/ and htdocs/uploads/ from the "htdocs" folder on your LOCAL computer
* if you have created XOOPS_TRUST_PATH folder on your server, copy the content of /xoops_lib to that directory, and delete /xoops_lib from the "htdocs" folder on your LOCAL computer
3. Upload the content of the /htdocs folder on your LOCAL computer over your existing files on your server
4. For security considerations, you are encouraged to move directories xoops_lib (for XOOPS libraries) and xoops_data (for XOOPS data) out of Document Root, and change the folder names.
5. Make the directory of xoops_data/ writable; Create and make the directories of xoops_data/caches/, xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache/, xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache/ and xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/ writable (permission 0777 on Linux).
6. Ensure the server can write to mainfile.php (permission 0777 on Linux)
7. If you have Protector previously installed, open the "mainfile.php" file , and remove the Pre-check and Post-check lines (if they exist):

include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/precheck.inc.php' ;
include XOOPS_TRUST_PATH.'/modules/protector/include/postcheck.inc.php' ;

8. Access /upgrade/ with a browser, and follow the instructions
9. Follow the instructions to update your database
10. Write-protect mainfile.php again (permission 0444 on Linux)
11. Delete the "upgrade" folder from your server
12. Update the "system" module from the modules administration interface, other modules are recommended to update as well

Of course do it local first. You need all the root folder from old (2.0.18) xoops (need some changes in Mainfile.php to work locally) and it's database (mysql).

Costas

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits