darlond
Domain name change ... problem accessing admin areas
  • 2010/6/8 2:22

• darlond

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/8/7 2

I changed the domain name for my xoops install, modified the mainfile.php and everything works great. I log into the administration area no problem. Once in the administration area, all the Quick Links in the admin menus are still using the old URL. Is there a file for the admin area that needs a code change with the new URL like the mainfile.php?

madDan
Re: Domain name change ... problem accessing admin areas
  • 2010/6/8 3:28

• madDan

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2010/1/6 1

Have you cleared your browser caches?

darlond
  • 2010/6/8 3:35

• darlond

• Just popping in

yes and have tried it on alt PC and browser that have not accessed the site before

madDan
  • 2010/6/8 4:03

• madDan

• Not too shy to talk

When I have run a cloned site (experimenting with new modules etc) alongside my main one I have had a few funnies.

Did you empty all your module/blocks caches before renaming?

You could try putting the domain name back then empty all your site cache settings, then rename again and see what happens.

Are you able to update the modules in the modules admin, starting with the system module.

darlond
  • 2010/6/8 4:13

• darlond

• Just popping in

Great idea but unfortuantely I already canceled the old domain and no longer have access to it. It sounds like that probably would have worked. Any other ideas?

madDan
  • 2010/6/8 4:48

• madDan

• Not too shy to talk

you could try creating a new xoops_data and xoops_lib directory ie a new trusted path with clean set of folders from the install pack.

Then update your mainfile to reflect the changes to your trusted path.

I had just thought you had changed the domain name not actually moved servers as well!

There may well be something in the config tables in the DB?

madDan
  • 2010/6/8 5:08

• madDan

• Not too shy to talk

Are you able to navigate to your prefs? try switching the backend gui and see if it updates the admin links urls?

darlond
  • 2010/6/8 5:45

• darlond

• Just popping in

I can get to admin.php but all the Quick Links, including Prefs, all link to the old domain.

Hum ... I just looked at my site and realized only the Quick Links in the Admin area use the old domain. If I copy the Quick Link shortcut, paste it in the browser, chance just the top level domain name, it will load the correct page and the links within that page also link to the new domain. Interesting ... something in the code for the Quick Links must be off. Any ideas with this?

ghia
  • 2010/6/8 7:03

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Clear the caches by erasing the files in all the xoops_data folders (except index.html).

darlond
  • 2010/6/8 18:24

• darlond

• Just popping in

Within the xoops_data directory, I have the directories /caches and /configs. Within /caches I have /smarty_cache, /smarty_complie, and /xoops_cache and within /configs I have two files: index.html and xoopsconfig.php.

Are you saying to delete everything within the /xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache directory except for the index.html? OR ... in all subdirectories within /xoops_data?

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits