valimaggi
XOOPS 2.4.4 installation stalls
  • 2010/5/4 13:07

• valimaggi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/8/4 6

Hello!

I have a problem with XOOPS 2.4.4 installation. I can get to the 9th page of the installation wizard, the Initial settings page, where I'm instructed to give Admin login, Admin email and Admin password (+confirmation to that).

Then I hit the next button, and the wizards throws me back to the 6th page, the Database configuration page. Before that everything has gone smoothly, I've got these notifications in the previous pages like

"The installer has saved the specified settings to mainfile.php. Press next to go to the next step."

and

"XOOPS system tables have been created. Press next to go to the next step."

I don't understand at all what's this all about.

valimaggi
Re: XOOPS 2.4.4 installation stalls
  • 2010/5/5 11:20

• valimaggi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/8/4 6

Hey, I got it going now.

What I got wrong was that /include/licence.php didn't got the right permissions.

But now I'm stuck at the page 10, getting this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined function xoops_getBaseDomain() in /home/neuroinf/public_html/include/common.php on line 84

Include directory and common.php are have both right access permissions.

Generally I'm asking, how is the installation supposed to be done when the XOOPS is going it be installed to the hosted site? I mean that when I move the htdocs directory to the web root of the site and then go to the sitename with my web browser to start the installation wizard, a lot of warnings appear that permissions are denied to several files.

So do I have to give that web root directory permissions to everyone (user/group/others in Linux) to read and execute? Since that's the only way to get the installation go forward with the web browser from outside of the that hosted server. I know that install-directory can be deleted after the installation but the installation requires access to other directories and files too.

There is nothing about this in the installation instructions (well, the general instructions are there with xoops_data directory etc. but nothing hosted platform specific stuff)

Installing on a hosted platform

If you are running in a hosted environment, unpack the XOOPS files locally or on the server if you have telnet or SSH access. Once you done this, make sure to move or copy all XOOPS files from the htdocs directory to your root web directory (your provider usually provides this location with directions). Once the files are copied there, you can start the install by typing "http://yoursite.com". This will start the install process.

ghia
Re: XOOPS 2.4.4 installation stalls
  • 2010/5/5 12:18

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

The installation instrucions are valid for every type of environment.
See also the installation manual.

Recommended is to have PHP 5 and MySQL 5.
Do also the file check (see release notes) to see if all files are present before installation.

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits