AlexSolo
How do I fix this error I received while trying to clone default template ser
  • 2009/11/14 7:03

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/8 1

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: Smarty error: [in db:mpu_menurelated.block.tpl.html line 79]: syntax error: unclosed tag \{if} (opened line 1). (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 317)

ghia
Re: How do I fix this error I received while trying to clone default template ser
  • 2009/11/14 10:09

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

It seems there is an error in that template mpu_menurelated.block.tpl.html. Probably you missed it before when doing the install of the module.
From what module is it (name and version)?

AlexSolo
Re: How do I fix this error I received while trying to clone default template ser
  • 2009/11/14 19:54

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

I don't know if it is module related. I was in the preferences trying to clone the default template. Always better to work from a clone and leave default alone. I actually had this issue BEFORE the upgrade but NOBODY offered any help/ advice before about fixing it. As a result of this problem with 1 client and my inability to fix this, I have moved away from XOOPS with new clients cause I cannot risk having another problem that gets ignored. I have learned much but not enough. But now, this client wants a blog installed, which will NOT install, I get a blank page. I'm sure the issues are related. I ran the checksum after installation and fixed what I thought were all the errors. At this point I am at a loss.

ghia
  • 2009/11/14 21:08

• ghia

Templates don't come like that in the system. They belong to a module. Search your module directories for the files in the templates sub directory. The report back which module.

AlexSolo
  • 2009/11/14 21:53

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

I understand now. I updated (recompiled) each module. All updated successfully but did not fix the problem. Although I now know where to look. While watching each module recompile I noticed mpu_ comes from Mastop Publishing. I am using this module cause at the time of initial installation there was an issue with the Content module with the available editors. So, Mastop worked so I used it. I will look for that file and see if I can correct it's output.

AlexSolo
  • 2009/11/15 1:29

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

Well, I found the offending page but see no errors in it. Granted I am no expert in deciphering javascript and php but there are no {if} without an {/if} and non at all located on or about line 79. i looked for an update on the module but cannot find one. Is it no-longer being offered/developed?

AlexSolo
  • 2009/11/15 1:50

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

If I have to remove this content module what do you recommend I replace it with?

ghia
  • 2009/11/15 10:12

• ghia

What was in the template?

The MasTop module is still maintained. If there are no further updates, you could ask the question there. (Do you let us know the result?)

For an alternate content module see the repository for content or articles

AlexSolo
  • 2009/11/15 13:53

• AlexSolo

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks for the link. I see they do have an update. I will install that first and give it a go. If it does not fix it I will pursue the answer there.
I really like how it works and the features it gives.

Thanks for all your help. I am marking this solved because it is not an XOOPS issue but a Mastop issue.

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits