sailjapan
Editor woes...

I've been reading all the latest topics that deal with editors in 2.4, and have to admit that I'm thoroughly confused.

I have a new (for test) install of XOOPS 2.4.0 on a server that has the following:
PHP Version 5.2.5
mySQL Version 5.0.81-community
Server API apache2handler
OS Linux

I have not had any luck using image manager, quotes, smileys, code, color... (most of the buttons do nothing, in fact) in DHTML editor with the following modules:

xForum 4.12
AMS 2.52 Final - in which I'm also unable to activate other editors, preferences have no effect.

Also, the Image manager supposedly available in the back-end of WFDownloads 3.2, is not working.

Judging by the number of questions relating to editors here on the board as of the last few days, I'd hazard a guess that either there are some bugs in 2.4 or that there has been a failure to explain exactly what admins are supposed to do to activate them properly.

The site I'm referring to above is only a test site, so I'm in no great hurry to sort these problems out, but I think the dev-team need to re think something as far as either editor implementation or documentation is concerned.

Otherwise very happy with 2.4

GreenFlatDog
Re: Editor woes...

Same position here, although specifically only trying AMS 2.52 final.

What a shame this release was made to cure a blank page problem, which I never saw with XOOPS 2.3.3, and seems to have made it incompatible with XOOPS 2.4.0.

Is a version 2.53 (OK with XOOPS 2.4.0) possible before AMS 3.0?

AMS is a great module but I do wish to move on to XOOPS 2.4.0

Login

Who's Online

331 user(s) are online (202 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 331

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits