chriswarren
Feeling kind of stupid
  • 2009/7/3 7:28

• chriswarren

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/7/2 2

I recently installed the XOOPS system on my 1and1.com hosted site, and am feeling a bit stupid. I went to the download area and downloaded some themes to spruce up my site and at least get version 1.0 up and running. Now I'm running into two problems. The first is that the theme files need to be tar.gz/.tar files, but all I've downloaded is .zip. Also, the themes in the Themes gallery don't open when I try to unzip them. My second problem is I don't know how to install my modules to do the things I want to do on my site. My website is certified-platinum.net, please help.

sailjapan
Re: Feeling kind of stupid

Can confirm that the zip files do not expand. Have reported the issue.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

chriswarren
  • 2009/7/3 8:10

• chriswarren

• Just popping in

Great! Also, I figured out how to FTP the modules up to my site, sort of. When I use my Core FTP setup, or even my Filezilla both of them end up being epic fails, and I can't load my modules up. Any suggestions?

ghia
  • 2009/7/3 8:22

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

If your zip is smaller then 500 bytes, it is still this problem.

Which theme did you try to download?
Quote:

My second problem is I don't know how to install my modules to do the things I want to do on my site.
Without more explainations, we can't help you.

Mamba
  • 2009/7/3 10:20

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

It's fixed now. Please test it to see if it works on your end.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

chriswarren
  • 2009/7/3 11:49

• chriswarren

• Just popping in

The module that I'm trying to install is wfdownloads. It keeps looking like it'll install, but at the end it still says failed and isn't installed.

chriswarren
  • 2009/7/3 13:32

• chriswarren

• Just popping in

Okay, I found out what my issue was. My hosting company 1and1.com has limited what you can do with the XOOPS installation that they provide. I've since removed it and am now having problems downloading the 2.3.3 version of XOOPS. Every browser that I attempt to access the download page is coming up blank. Even sourceforge.net/projects/xoops has no files on it other than the screen shots.

ghia
  • 2009/7/3 13:39

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Chriswarren, don't start more than one thread for the same problem.
The others have been deleted.

See this.

chriswarren
  • 2009/7/3 13:46

• chriswarren

• Just popping in

I do apologize, I was trying to edit the one I posted because I like to use proper spelling of my words. I appreciate you deleting them for me though.

chriswarren
  • 2009/7/4 16:54

• chriswarren

• Just popping in

I wanted to thank everyone that helped me yesterday! I finally got my XOOPs installed, and it's working pretty great! Anyone know what I can do about getting my modules installed? Also how do I edit my templates. What I'm wanting to do is have a social networking site for artists and fans. I want them to be able to upload music, pictures and things like that, and also to be able to download files and songs and things like that. I also want to do my own internet radio sort of. Please help with some ideas and steps that I can take.

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits