barryc
Corrupted newbb post dates
  • 2009/6/2 14:37

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

Hi all,

I have just seen a new post to the forums on my site that has a corrupted post date, namely YAmerica/DenverstAmerica/Denverrday 12:16:53. I did a test post and the post date is shown as Posted on: T2009day 7:31:55. I am not sure of the reason for this, whether the site has been hacked or just a file has become corrupt.

Can someone point me to where I should look for this problem. Also, where is the post date stored? I found the post time in the bb_posts table in the db, but couldn't find the post date.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Barry Cooper
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

sailjapan
Re: Corrupted newbb post dates

search is your friend

This has been answered several times in the past.

Here for example.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

barryc
  • 2009/6/4 15:19

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

I always try to search for the answer. In this case, for some reason, probably the wrong search terms, I didn't find what I was looking for. The link you gave did point me in the right direction and I arrived eventually at the answer, provided by Ghia, that a modified file could be downloaded from the German support site. That fixed the problem of the year being placed in the middle of the Today (e.g. T2009day). I should also have mentioned that the problem was on my current live site that is still running under 2.2.4. I have been working on a new site under 2.3.3, where the problem did not exist.

Again, thank for the tip.

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

sailjapan

Glad you found a fix.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Login

Who's Online

434 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 434

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits