cosco
I get blank page after trying to install MPManager and then trying to upgrade to latest Xoops versio
  • 2009/5/21 15:26

• cosco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/16

Well it does seem like two different problems and I need your help.

I have 2.3.0, PHP5

The PM'ing was so simple, basically not giving any option so I wanted to install MPmanager, I was almost successful doing that but everytime I wanted to write a message I got an error message saying that "you are not allowed to view this page" and the pop up box closes itself.

So I said I'll remove this and I did and pm'ing still didn't work. In the meantime I saw that there is a new version of XOOPS and I thought if I upgrade to newer version I'm sure the problem will go away.

Well, it didn't work. My website was completely gone, getting "no such website" error whatever. So I tried to put the back up on the website and I did. But this time whenever a member signs in they can't view or reply to any forum topic, including me. Also as the admin I can't use some of the options on the admin menu; like trying to close the site temporarily or try to uninstall a module, or even to turn on the debugging. It gives a blank page.

Please help, what can I do?

cosco
Re: I get blank page after trying to install MPManager and then trying to upgrade to latest Xoops versio
  • 2009/5/21 17:13

• cosco

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/16

Finally I'm able to use preferences on the admin page. I turned off the website and turned on the debugging. I get the below error;

Fatal error: Call to a member function getVar() on a non-object in /homepages/...../htdocs/class/smarty/xoops_plugins/function.xoManager.php on line 17

Any ides how I can revise this?

Anonymous
Re: I get blank page after trying to install MPManager and then trying to upgrade to latest Xoops versio
  • 2009/5/21 21:43

• Anonymous

• Since:

This module has some extra steps to undertake in addition to the usual installation procedure.

In the download package there installation instructions. These tell you to copy some files from one of the folders in the download package into specific folders in the your XOOPS site. I think the folder is called "root".

If I recall correctly there are four files to copy into /class/smarty/xoops_plugins/ and you also have to overwrite the XOOPS core file pmlite.php with the one in the "root" folder.

Enjoy the module - it is excellent

HTH

Kiwi_Chris
  • 2009/5/22 3:32

• Kiwi_Chris

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/1/3 2

This Module was a real headache for me, it killed my site like your saying and took a lot of work to get it right again.

I did try in the end to follow the steps one by one but all I got was a headache.

I decided what I had was working fine so I have not used MP Manager.

frrwrld
  • 2009/5/23 3:07

• frrwrld

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/11

I have the same problem. I also wanted to install and it didn't work... My website is still not working.

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits