4asrir
i need help in this theme "bigcity"?
  • 2009/4/19 1:20

• 4asrir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2009/4/18

hi
i search a lot of a gd theme , and i love this one a lot " bigcity " .. but whene i but it in my site it damaged , because the left and right colmun look out the theme ..

i use other theme " simplicityblack " and it slove this probleme , but i still hope if u can slove this stile to be like "simplicityblack" ..

i hope to see other theme with one header to give us more choice and liberty ..

thks a lot

ghia
Re: i need help in this theme "bigcity"?
  • 2009/4/19 10:16

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Where can we see it?

4asrir
  • 2009/4/22 11:35

• 4asrir

• Just popping in

thks for your support ghia , u can see this probleme in this site for test

http://sahrawi.201mb.com/

ghia
  • 2009/4/22 13:56

• ghia

It seems various paddings and border settings extend the colums. Try with setting them to zero.

zyspec
  • 2009/4/22 14:03

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

4asrir,

This is not a 'variable width' theme. It appears the content (your 'testtt' content) is too wide for this theme.

There are ways to make a theme wider to expand with your content but you will also need to make some changes to your header and your main body background so that it looks right. In the CSS file you'll find that 'xo-canvas' has it's width set to '960px'. You can change it to something larger by setting it to something like '1280px'. You'll then need to modify the ./c4fun1/img/bg_main.gif to expand it too.

I haven't tried this with this particular theme so I'm not sure what else you may have to change to get it to display properly.

Hopefully this at least gets you started.

4asrir
  • 2009/4/22 18:31

• 4asrir

• Just popping in

Quote:
It seems various paddings and border settings extend the colums. Try with setting them to zero.

as u can see , but dont forget i cant swiming a lot in php ^_^ , so i know that the border between the center block and the side block left and the right side need to be smaller than that , but i dont how to make that

4asrir
  • 2009/4/22 18:39

• 4asrir

• Just popping in

Quote:
4asrir, This is not a 'variable width' theme. It appears the content (your 'testtt' content) is too wide for this theme. There are ways to make a theme wider to expand with your content but you will also need to make some changes to your header and your main body background so that it looks right. In the CSS file you'll find that 'xo-canvas' has it's width set to '960px'. You can change it to something larger by setting it to something like '1280px'. You'll then need to modify the ./c4fun1/img/bg_main.gif to expand it too.

thks a lot , just your reply is a support to me
yeh i know that i can make it wide by modify the 960px , but also that make the site not good .. what i want to know : i change this theme with other one , and it look ok with any thing , and this is very good , i hope all the theme was like that ..

Quote:
I haven't tried this with this particular theme so I'm not sure what else you may have to change to get it to display properly. Hopefully this at least gets you started.

thks a lot , i have also a sites with XOOPS , and i love it , that's why im trying my best to learn more how it's work ..
so i think i need to to make the block smaller than that ..

thks a lot : ghia , zyspec

ghia
  • 2009/4/22 18:44

• ghia

PHP is not needed. It is all CSS!
Edit the .css files in /themes/c4fun1/css/ eg. layout-soup.css

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits