Mamba
XOOPS 2.3.3 Final Issues
  • 2009/3/15 9:57

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Please post and discuss in this forum all issues related to XOOPS 2.3.3 Final

1) Language files

2) Full Local Installation

Please help us with more translations!!!
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

bjuti
Re: XOOPS 2.3.3 Final Issues
  • 2009/3/15 12:33

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2009/1/7 2

What about manual update from 2.3.2b to 2.3.3, without update/ script.

Is enough just to copy files over the old ones and update system, pm, profile and protector module?

Tnx :)

jdseymour

I see that the instructions even for 2.3.2b_to_2.3.3 ask to run the upgrade script. This usually means that database changes are needed. So no, just copying files and updating mods will not work. But not being in the dev, I may be wrong.

And I may well be. When I ran the script saw no changes. But even so, it is in the instructions so would not skip to be on the safe side, unless a dev can confirm.

jdseymour

I seem to have come up with a couple of problems.

1. in the forum kioivi does not show preview (only title), but all other editors do. All I get in debug are the following warnings:

Warning: fopen(/xxx/xxxx/xxxx/warpigw2.com/xoops_lib/modules/protector/configs/configcachedd8af6) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in file /xxxx/xxx/xxxx/warpigw2.com/xoops_lib/modules/protector/class/protector.php line 136
Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in file /xxx/xxxx/xxxx/warpigw2.com/xoops_lib/modules/protector/class/protector.php line 137
Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in file /xxx/xxxx/xxxx/warpigw2.com/xoops_lib/modules/protector/class/protector.php line 138
Warning: MyTextSanitizer::makeTareaData4Show is deprecated in file /class/module.textsanitizer.php line 699
Warning: MyTextSanitizer::makeTareaData4Show is deprecated in file /class/module.textsanitizer.php line 699

The mytextsanitizer one repeats over 100 times.

2. My AMS spotlight block no longer shows. Again warnings:

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:ams_block_spotlight_center.html" in file /class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1092
Notice: Deprecated function 'mod_getUnameFromIds', use XoopsUserUtility directly. in file /Frameworks/art/functions.user.php line 26

Using the latest AMS module.

Thanks

Catzwolf
  • 2009/3/15 15:16

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

/xxx/xxxx/xxxx/warpigw2.com/xoops_lib/modules/protector/configs/configcachedd8af6

Make sure that this folder exists and is writeable

Items within the php Error log like Warning: MyTextSanitizer::makeTareaData4Show is deprecated, just ignore.

These warning are to let developers know that they are no longer used and shouldn't be, but it seems that these lines are just confusing users more.

jdseymour

Thanks Catz,

The directory was not there. I created it, first tried 775 (writable by my server) did not work. Then tried it at chmod 777, still have the same warning.

bjuti
  • 2009/3/15 17:26

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

My site cannot update!

First i closed my site
Then I copied the files
Then I put upgrade folder in docroot
I've started the www.mysite.com/upgrade

It reports that I have no package 2.17 -> 2.18 but it continue
Then the message was: "No upgrade necessary. Please remove this folder from your server"

After that I've go to system/modules to update system module, and there is no button!

It says press the button to upgrade, but there is no button

When I wanted to go to system/preferences to turn on debbuger i got a blank page!

Please help

p.s. It's 2.3.2b version

Catzwolf
  • 2009/3/15 17:47

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

@bjuti,

Upload 2.3.3, and try the upgrade, let us know if this doesn't work.

Ps: Did you create a backup of your database before you updated to 2.3.2?

Catzwolf
  • 2009/3/15 17:50

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

1. I will have a look at the protector issue for you, hopefully the code will through some light on the issue.

2. Just update your AMS module and look to see if the template actually exists in the package.

bjuti
  • 2009/3/15 18:00

• bjuti

• Just can't stay away

Yup I try to upgrade from 2.3.2b to 2.3.3

I've create a backup... I copied all files manually, so 232 files have xxx.php~232 extension. Also I have zip file of whole site.

I could give you ftp usr and pass via pm if you wanna look?

Tnx

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits