nmshah
extgallery and html in category description
  • 2009/1/25 8:37

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

Is there a way to enable html tags in extgallery category description area?

zyspec
Re: extgallery and html in category description
  • 2009/1/26 15:44

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

You may have more luck asking this on zoullou's site (the developer). The support forum for extGalley is at http://www.zoullou.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=2

ghia
  • 2009/1/26 16:41

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

In most album modules, you can use bbcode in the description, which also allows for some formatting and links.

nmshah
  • 2009/1/28 8:04

• nmshah

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/7/2 8

Quote:
You may have more luck asking this on zoullou's site (the developer). The support forum for extGalley is at http://www.zoullou.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=2

I have already registered on the site but the registration has not yet been confirmed. Is there a way to let the module developer know about the request.

Quote:
In most album modules, you can use bbcode in the description, which also allows for some formatting and links.

Thanks Ghia but the problem is that i am using fckeditor as the default editor for one of the sites. So the html tags are automatically added to the descriptions.

Also is there any way to be able to enable html tags and disable linebreaks accross the site irrespective of the module settings.

zyspec
  • 2009/1/28 15:45

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

I haven't tried this but this should work...

I believe you can change the category description datatype from XOBJ_DTYPE_TXTAREA to XOBJ_DTYPE_OTHER for 'cat_desc' in ./class/catHandler.php (around line 48) but in general it's REALLY DANGEROUS to allow html in input forms.

There is no way to enable html tags across the site independent of module settings. In my opinion it's just too dangerous to provide as a "blanket" operation.

Login

Who's Online

488 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 488

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits