frrwrld
AMS and Smartsection modules
  • 2008/10/5 19:19

• frrwrld

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/9/11

I installed the AMS module but I really don't understand where I can add articles. I'm planing to use it for articles of the writer's on my site. But so far I tried everything and it did not really work.

Since I couldn't do it with AMS I tried smartsection, there it was much easier. I created categories for writers and put their colums but with that module I couldn't put a block on the main page just with their pic and the first sentence from the article with "more" button...

So I couldn't get what I wanted from these two modules and the other modules seem either not working or can't be installed to my website..

What would you suggest, what I want is a view like this on the main page of my site:

click to view

Anonymous
Re: AMS and Smartsection modules
  • 2008/10/5 20:05

• Anonymous

• Since:

Try the News module (http://xoops.instant-zero.com/) - you should be able to get something very close to that page using one of the News modules blocks on your top page.

The News module allows you to select articles by author.

Although it's called "News", it's a great module for managing articles and content too

fireball803

Is it possible to import smartsection data into the news module?

ghia
  • 2009/1/3 11:37

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

AMS is a News clone and they are very similar.
For converting, if you copy your site to your home PC with a XAMPP server, then you could experiment with copying the databasetables as eg done in this French example for two fora (from NewBB/CBB to NewBBex).

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (166 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits