cadelite
UserPage 1.3 using FCK Editor
  • 2008/12/13 16:41

• cadelite

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/1/15

I installed UserPage 1.3 in my XOOPS 2.3.2 website. I also selected "FCK editor" and saved the preference of UserPage. In addition, I amended userpage\include\functions.php to direct the editor path to [XOOP_URL]\class\xoopseditor\fckeditor (The original path is [XOOPS_URL]\class\editor\fckeditor for "FCK editor"). The FCK editor is correctly displayed when editing a page. However, when I click "submit", no content is saved.

How can I set the editor to FCK editor or any editor other than "DHTML"? Must I use the default editor ("DHTML")?

My system configuration is as follows:

XOOPS Version - XOOPS 2.3.2
PHP Version - 5.2.2
MySQL Version - 5.0.24a-log
Server API Version - cgi
OS Version - FreeBSD

cadelite
Re: UserPage 1.3 using FCK Editor
  • 2008/12/13 16:42

• cadelite

• Just popping in

Thank you for your help!!

sailjapan

Do a search here in the forums for FCK editor, there are lots of posts from people who have had problems with this editor. Some people manage to fix it, some don't.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

cadelite
  • 2008/12/13 16:57

• cadelite

• Just popping in

Thank you for your reply, sailjapan!

I did search "FCK editor", "fckeditor" and "userpage" in the forum search. However, most of them are concerned with the problem of displaying the toolbar or editor of FCK editor.

My edit page can display the editor correctly. But the content entered is not saved after pressing "submit" button.

I thought that that problem of "unable to save" is a problem of "UserPage". Is the problem of "FCK editor", not "UserPage?

Is there anyone having experienced this problem? Thanks a lot!!

Burning
  • 2008/12/13 21:14

• Burning

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2006/8/22

hi,

I've seen stange behavior with FCKeditor and News 1.65 module (also developped by Instant-Zero). Only with XOOPS 2.3

When I click a first time on submit button, a popup appears : "Please fill scoop textarea" (or somtehing like this). But my Scoop contains information (a required field).

So... I click a second time on Submit button : it works, article is published

May be it's "off-topic"... may be not

EDIT MYSELF : same behavior with myDownloads 1.60... "please enter a description" : I have to click twice to submit my form :(
Still learning CSS and... english

ghia
  • 2008/12/14 2:03

• ghia

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2008/7/3 1

Quote:
I've seen stange behavior with FCKeditor and News 1.65 module
1.56 or did I miss some versions (1.63=last)?

cadelite
  • 2008/12/14 4:31

• cadelite

• Just popping in

Hi, all!

Is it the problem of FCKeditor? not the problem of UserPage or News?

However, Instant-Zero claims that both UserPage and News are compatible with XOOPS 2.3.2. If only the default editor can be used and there are still errors occurring when using UserPage and News with FCKeditor, how can it said both modules are compatible??

Is there any solution to fix these problems, especially with FCKeditor? I tried to use the latest version of FCKeditor (FCKeditor_2.6.3) but there were still the same problem and and even more additional problems. Hope anyone would find solutions to fix these problems!

Thanks a lot!

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits