dnprossi
2.3.2b Problems with FRESH install on Hosting Service with root path /
  • 2008/12/10 17:20

• dnprossi

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/15

Had to go through some trouble trying to install on a Hosting Service where XOOPS ROOT PHYSICAL PATH is set to /

During install on Path settings page XOOPS documents root physical path is requested. I typed "/" (no quotes) and that is automatically deleted. So I tried "//" and both get deleted. The only way to get passed issue is typing ".."

Installation all works but when you get to main page menu links are set to "../something" and one goes no where. I then edited mainfile.php manually and changed

define'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH''..' );
to
    define
'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH''/' );

cleared the cache and system worked.

Is this a bug or intended???

mcleines
Re: 2.3.2b Problems with FRESH install on Hosting Service with root path /
  • 2008/12/10 17:50

• mcleines

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/7

I think this is intended, because on a web server you normally don't have access to the systems root path.

And if you type the path with an ending slash (e.g. /srv/www/ ) the slash at the end is deleted.

dnprossi
Re: 2.3.2b Problems with FRESH install on Hosting Service with root path /
  • 2008/12/11 10:06

• dnprossi

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/15

Yes, true. Got your point and after a good night sleep I had come to the same conclusion.

It is though, still a hassle to install XOOPS on a hosting system with the above characteristics, having htdoc as root. Therefore thought it had to be mentioned as an installation problem.

In some other post I have read something about getcwd() that returns the current working directory. This could be used during install to autoset the documents root physical path, couldn't it?

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits