Mamba
Re: Best Xoops beginner instructions /manual /tutorial?
  • 2008/11/18 6:15

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

triwaca
  • 2008/11/21 20:06

• triwaca

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/3 2

I'm sending the link for my XOOPS 2.3.1 manual in portugueseBr. It is focused in the total beginner user, by including even instructions for installing XOOPS on Windows XAMPP, on Linux OpenSUSE, and in a normal host. 70 pages! PDF link.

http://calango.dot5hosting.com/downloads/apostilaXoopsEllery.pdf

sailjapan

Wow! That is the best looking XOOPS documentation I've ever seen! Who can translate from Portuguese to English?
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

Mamba
  • 2008/11/22 7:16

• Mamba

Daniel, it's a FANTASTIC job!!! Congratulations!!! Obrigado!!!

Can you translate it into English? If not, please email me the original, and I'll try to do it.
I'll send you an email about it...
Support XOOPS => DONATE

triwaca
  • 2008/11/22 15:38

• triwaca

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/3 2

Well, i'm very glad to see that you liked it!

Actually, i'm working in a XOOPS course for poor comunities in my city Fortaleza, teaching them to made their own website in Xoops. Part of the project is paid by the mayor of the city, with one condition: The material needs to have the Creative Commons License.

This is great for the XOOPS Brasilian Community, because we can provide good material for social and popular communication. Our public: NGO's, churches, popular associations, sports groups, cultural groups, etc.

Again i'm happy that the material seems good, but I must say: it is incomplete! I'm still writing the second part, who will teach about some modules and themes design.

About translate, well, I can translate, but I need time! Of course, i'm very happy in help the community, and it will be a pleasure to help the community. If anyone could help with revision, please contact me! And I can send the original files (in CDR Corel Draw).

Mamba
  • 2008/11/22 16:24

• Mamba

We'll help with the translations! Please email me the original files, and I'll distribute among our "XOOPS International" team, who can then translate into local languages.

This way you don't have to spend any time on translations, and can focus on Part 2. The sooner we can make it available to users, the better for XOOPS!!!

Thank you for this wonderful document, and please extend our warmest thanks to the Mayor of your city for supporting your poor communities with this education course!!!
Support XOOPS => DONATE

isronax
  • 2009/1/9 16:52

• isronax

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/26

i can help from English to Indonesian Language.
any one have tranlated to English?

XoopsIndonesia
The Greats Xoops ... Go Ahead.
www.xoopsindonesia.com
www.indonesianschool.org

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits