DrMartinus
admin control panel doesn't show after upgrade 2.0.18 to 2.3.1
  • 2008/10/14 6:00

• DrMartinus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/9/9 9

Hi,

I didn't find any post about this one. I updated my XOOPS 2.0.18 site to 2.3.1, and now I don't have access to the admin control panel (via admin.php). I reloaded the page, emptied the templates_c and cache folder, and of course I followed the instructions in the release-notes, only step 11 I can't do because I just get a blank page wehn clicking on "administration". Help...

BTW: XOOPS is great, I like it very much after having tried many other CMSs.

Marco
Re: admin control panel doesn't show after upgrade 2.0.18 to 2.3.1
  • 2008/10/14 6:17

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

it seems you have a chmod issue (subdir of /xoops_data)
Do synergy or die.

DrMartinus
  • 2008/10/14 7:06

• DrMartinus

• Just popping in

I don#t think so. All folders down from and including xoops_data are writeable (chmod 777), and have also been written to by the webserver, as I just checked.

I just checke the source of the website that's "displayed" (remember, it's blank). It finishes displaying after loading stylesheets:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="http://websiteURL/xoops.css" /><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="http://websiteURL/modules/system/class/gui/default/css/style.css" /><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="http://websiteURL/modules/system/class/gui/default/css/de.css" />

"websiteURL" is a replacement for my website's URL, as one might guess. This is the last line that's visible in the HTML source.

DrMartinus
  • 2008/10/15 3:36

• DrMartinus

• Just popping in

I found out a bit more after I enabled debug mode via phpmyadmin, but still don't know what to do. Here are the errors:

Fatal errorCall to a member function prefix() on a non-object in /[path_to_XOOPS]/htdocs/kernel/module.php on line 355

and 5 errors are reported, which are all the same:

Notice: Use of undefined constant _AUTHOR assumed '_AUTHOR' in file /modules/system/class/gui/default/default.php line 132

These errors occur when I call up admin.php via the user menu item administration

Before, I found out that a folder which I had created due to recommendations by protector had to be set to writeable, which I then did.

Marco
  • 2008/10/16 18:07

• Marco

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/15

can you upload again the 2.3.1 files, it seems there are some corrupted files
Do synergy or die.

DrMartinus
  • 2008/10/16 18:07

• DrMartinus

• Just popping in

I tried that with no good luck. Anyway, I found the reason for the problem, after some debugging. It seems that the DH-info module which was in the system already before the upgrade caused the trouble. After disabling it (again using phpMyAdmin), it worked fine. Then, however, when looking on the modules page, it got stuck after the first three modules were loaded. So I checked again, found that protector didn't react properly, and disabled that one too. I'm not sure how to make protector work properly, but I guess I'll figure that one out, too.

Thanks for your prayers, they worked great!

Anonymous
  • 2008/10/16 19:31

• Anonymous

• Since:

Re: Protector

Did you update the Protector module in modules admin? It should be showing as v3.20

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits