togobs
upgrade from 2.2.5 to 2.3
  • 2008/10/1 11:50

• togobs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/2 1

Sorry, but I don't understand exactly what I have to do.

I have downloaded the zip file with the upgrading versions.

I find many folders named like
upd-2.0.18-to-2.3.0 (where "upd" I think means "upgrade").
But I'm interested in upgrading the 2.2.5 version and I find a different folder named
cnt-2.2.x-to-2.3.0 (but I don't understand the meaning of "cnt", maybe "continous"?)

Ok, I open this folder and inside I find only index.php file (and the language folder).
So I copy all the files in the main directory and copy them in my site directory overwriting the existing files, then I copy the index.php file (in the cnt-2.2.x-to-2.3.0 folder) in my site directory.

I don't know if it is the correct way to do, I'm not able to find an instruction about the correct operation.

The result is this
Fatal error: Class upgrade_220: Cannot inherit from undefined class xoopsupgrade in /web/htdocs/www.xxxxxxx.it/home/xxxxxxx/index.php on line 20

on line 20 I have:
class upgrade_220 extends xoopsUpgrade

Where is my error? What I can do.

I have tried on a copy of my website so I'm not worried so much.

Thank you for your help.

TOTO

Anonymous
Re: upgrade from 2.2.5 to 2.3
  • 2008/10/1 12:02

• Anonymous

• Since:

The usdate instructions say:

Quote:
Upgrading from XOOPS 2.0.* above 2.0.14 and 2.2.* (using the full package)
1. Move the "upgrade" folder inside the "htdocs" folder (it's been kept out as it's not needed for full installs) on your local machine
2. Delete htdocs/mainfile.php, htdocs/install/, htdocs/cache/, htdocs/extras/, htdocs/template_c/, htdocs/themes/ and htdocs/uploads/ from the "htdocs" folder on your LOCAL machine
3. Upload the content of the htdocs folder on your LOCAL machine over your existing files on your server
4. For security considerations, you are encouraged to move directories xoops_lib (for XOOPS libraries) and xoops_data (for XOOPS data) out of document root, or even change the folder names.
5. Make the directory of xoops_data/ writable; Create and make the directories of xoops_data/caches/, xoops_data/caches/xoops_cache/, xoops_data/caches/smarty_cache/ and xoops_data/caches/smarty_compile/ writable.
6. Ensure the server can write to mainfile.php
7. Access /upgrade/ with a browser, and follow the instructions
8. Follow the instructions to update your database
9. Write-protect mainfile.php again
10. Delete the upgrade folder from your server
11. Update the "system" module from the modules administration interface, other modules are recommended to update as well

Just do exactly what it says, word for word and you'll be okay

albgi
Re: upgrade from 2.2.5 to 2.3
  • 2008/10/1 21:22

• albgi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/12

Sorry, but my system give a blank page in all link; I think that is necessary more information or tutorial for upgrading 2.2.5 version to 2.3 because there are some criticity and different feedbacks from various 2.2.5 XOOPS version installation sites.

Tanks for your help

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits