GlowPlates
Database server lost PLEASE help
  • 2008/6/13 2:20

• GlowPlates

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/5/14

ok this is the deal i backed up my website but i do not think it backedup my database. i have alot of files and such were i backed it up but not sure what folder the database might be in if any???? anyway the hosting company i used was hacked and the database was lost i have all the other files for my site but no database any ideas plaese help as i did not do this website and i am new to xoops
HEEEEEELP

also when i go to the site all it says is

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

You can provide the following information to the administrators of this site to help them solve the problem:

Error: Unable to connect to database

or do i reinstall the XOOPS and then i can add my files that i downlaoded?

thanks
will pay to get me going

kerkyra
Re: Database server lost PLEASE help
  • 2008/6/13 7:42

• kerkyra

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/14

check the username and password of your db mate! seems that they have been changed. XOOPS gives that error when there is a problem with the db connection so have a look at those settings.
www.guidemap.gr - Beta is out...

Yurdal
  • 2008/6/13 8:39

• Yurdal

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/3/27

when the database is lost than you have a serious problem.
Reinstalling wouldt help, only a clean XOOPS install is what you will see.
Try to find a backup of your DB

stefan88
  • 2008/6/13 10:45

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

It may still worth contacting your hosting company and ask if they have an older backup. Some providers do routinely backups and keep them for some time, so even if you don't do, they have. My hosting provider have a weekly backup for example.

When you did backup, how you did it?
by ftp - copy all files to local hard drive;
by XOOPS module like back pack;
by hosting company control panel?

GlowPlates
  • 2008/6/14 2:17

• GlowPlates

• Just popping in

i am not sure if it was the whole website or just the files like i said i have all the files for the site images homepage ect ect but no data base cant i just reinstall XOOPS and then add what was on the site then add my files to overwrite and then it should work correct?

i did find a folder in public html that has a folder thats named (class)then another folder called database in that folder it has the following files

database php
database factory
index html
sqlutility
mysqldatabase

is this the files?
if so when i have to name the database can it be anyname or does it have to be what the website guy diod for me?

thanks for the help

trabis
  • 2008/6/14 2:45

• trabis

• Core Developer

• Since: 2006/9/1 1

Quote:

GlowPlates wrote:
cant i just reinstall XOOPS and then add what was on the site then add my files to overwrite and then it should work correct?

If you don´t mind starting from zero then yes, upload a fresh and stable XOOPS over your current one and install it.

You need to check folders permissions again and clean teplates_c

Don´t look for database backups on xoops' folders unless you have used some XOOPS module to do it.

GlowPlates
  • 2008/6/14 2:53

• GlowPlates

• Just popping in

thank you i am VERY nervous about delete all the files on the cpanel then again what other choice do i have i guess i am going to have to try an figure this out since the website devoloper will not email me back at any cost and so i paid for it and NO support
1 month old site he never told me to downlaod the database sepertly and i figured he knew what he was doing

go figure

so just wipe out all the folders i had in cpanel like i was going to it for the first time and jsut uplaod the htdocs files to the server and that should be it?

ok anyone feel like trying this for me i hate to really nmess it up if so please geet with me

do i make a folder called htdocs and then add the other folders and files in that folder then try to install...i am soooo sorry about all the question i am just not all that good with XOOPS and just not ahppy about losing it all

GlowPlates
  • 2008/6/14 2:56

• GlowPlates

• Just popping in

of there is no database period the hacker took the database out of the website
thank god no personal info was on there yet

tcnet
  • 2008/6/14 11:24

• tcnet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2006/5/12

The database is not stored in your XOOPS directory. It is in stored seperately.

Before you reinstall, you should confirm that your database is gone. Open your host server Cpanel, look for the MySql section and open phpMyadmin application. The db used with your XOOPS install should be listed on the left.

GlowPlates
  • 2008/6/14 12:09

• GlowPlates

• Just popping in

yea it is gone for sure...before i start deleting all the files i have in the cpanel and start again.. i do have a question if i just delet all files such as cache email public_html www folder ect that has all or any files and folders in them folders

ok now like i said if i just delete all those files and start fresh will the cpanel start over again as if no files or folders were in the file manger? or do i leave the folders that are in the file manager there ie: public_html cache email www folder
or do i have to add the folders again it sounds wierd the way i am saying it i guess but i hope someone will understand my talk....hahahahah

thanks again

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits