sarahg
How to transfer MediaWiki to another MediaWiki integrated with XOOPS
  • 2008/3/25 3:12

• sarahg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/5 1

Hi all!

Can please anyone help me with moving MediaWiki to another MediaWiki integrated with XOOPS? My existing MediaWiki is that MediaWiki not packaged with XOOPS.

I have installed XOOPS and MediaWiki in another server and I've tried importing the records that I've dumped from my existing MySQL server to the MySQL server used by XOOPS. From there, I don't know how to proceed. I've tried comparing the configuration files of my present MediaWiki to that of the MediaWiki I've installed with XOOPS and they seem to be a bit different. I'm not sure which ones should I change in order for my new MediaWiki in XOOPS to look more or less just like my present MediaWiki. Or if it's not possible, just the contents of my present MediaWiki being displayed correctly in the new MediaWiki.

Are there any configuration that I should change aside from those from the LocalSettings.php?

Please help! I've searched in the internet how to do this migration but I only found an article to move one MediaWiki no integrated with XOOPS to another MediaWiki also not integrated with XOOPS.

Thank you very much! Your help would really be much appreciated!

- Sarah

bmmolloy
Re: How to transfer MediaWiki to another MediaWiki integrated with XOOPS
  • 2008/5/6 0:54

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

Hi Sarah,

I'm planning to attempt the same thing. Were you able to find assistance with this? I know there is a built in method to import/export pages, but that doesn't help with images and documents that you've uploaded...

Anyone done this yet?
ben...

phppp
  • 2008/5/6 1:25

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

There is no database structure change thus you can use your existent data.
Step #1: install mediawiki module for XOOPS
Step #2: remove all tables created by mediawiki module
Step #3: copy your existent stand alone mediawiki tables into XOOPS database and rename them to use XOOPS db prefix

That should do the job but you need some test to make sure it works as expected.

Khepri
  • 2008/5/6 4:51

• Khepri

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/25

Hi phppp...

Is there an upgrade in the works to the XOOPS Mediawiki?

Am I correct that the XOOPS version is still based on 1.67?

The lowest legacy version Mediawiki offers is 1.6.10.

I ask because the exporting and importing of pages is bordering on being non-functional as most of the page needs to have new (old) markup applied to it...

I've run into several Wikipedia templates that will not function.

Or did I miss something somewhere that allows safe upgrading?

It is a great product, one that I've not seen such tight integration anywhere else, believe me I've looked and have yet to find one.

Thanks...
Moo.

bmmolloy
  • 2008/5/17 14:09

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

I've posted on LinkedIn for recommendations for people that can a) migrate an existing MediWiki database to the XOOPS module including all pages, images, and media, as well as integrate the MediaWiki module with the built-in global search XOOPS has. Will update here if this is successful.
ben...

sarahg
  • 2008/8/5 6:14

• sarahg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/5 1

Thanks phppp...

Sorry I wasn't able to update this thread for a long time. But yeah, I was able to make it work. Thank you!

bmmolloy, I just did what phppp suggested and it worked fine. Were you able to migrate successfully too?

--- Sarah

Login

Who's Online

124 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 124

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits