trina
Showing singular SmartSection categories on a page
  • 2008/2/9 4:07

• trina

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/28

Hi! I searched the forums for about 30 mins and I'm pretty sure this hasn't been asked/solved yet. My site is Gamingangels.com. I am using SmartSection for the various blogs we have. Casual games, gadgets, party section, and now our Japanese culture section.

Of course now I have the idea of setting the blog in the center block column with videos and other information on the side.

I tried an iframe, but the iframe then includes the header and theme of the site. It completely won't work.

My idea is somehow I have to write PHP code that pulls articles with the specific category. Am I on the right track? Also, has anyone tried something like this on their site?

And last, I'll pay someone that has good XOOPS skills to help me program this. If I can do this for the Turning Japanese blog, then I will do it for our other blogs and I think it will really make the site look great.

I can also pay in video games!! hehe

Thank you for your help,
Trina

jfmoore
Re: Showing singular SmartSection categories on a page
  • 2008/3/27 19:36

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

Did you ever solve your problem?

Jere

trina
  • 2008/4/8 23:52

• trina

• Just popping in

Well I managed to do some code that pulls the 10 most recent posts and puts them on the page. I also coded the paging system.

What I am struggling with now is showing multiple blogs on one page and doing the same thing.

jfmoore
  • 2008/4/9 1:06

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

I don't know if it applies to your situation, but I will be doing something similar. I'm going to use clones of the BlankPaper module to hold blocks displaying the categories that I want to display on that pages. There are a couple of problems, though:

1. XOOPS doesn't yet provide cloneable blocks - It will someday, and, in the meantime, it isn't that hard to do it manually. Check the FAQ for instructions.

2. Version 2.13 of SmartSection doesn't allow the selecting of multiple categories to display in a block. This will be corrected in v 2.14, and a beta should be out this week.

HTH,

Jere

trina
  • 2008/4/10 16:08

• trina

• Just popping in

thank you very much for keeping me updated. ^_^ I'll be interested to see how you solve the problem. I'll post when I start working on it again.

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits