bugirc
Xoops 4 (Xoopshere) feature requests
  • 2008/4/8 11:21

• bugirc

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/6/3 1

Hello everyone. :)

I have heard about the new version of XOOPS named xoops4.
So I have some ideas to make the most efficient and creative cms for community sites.

1) What about a profile module with ajax like myspace, with the ability to programmers to make plugins like XOOPS modules, friends, videos, images the ability every user change where any block will be shown and the ability users and admin make skins for the profiles. NOT YOGURT. IT IS NOT GOOD AND IT WILL NOT BE BECAUSE IT IS NOT A MODULE MADE BY XOOPS DEVELOPERS AND CAN'T HAVE PLUGINS.

2) Some modules: like birthdays of our friends and a block to show upcoming birthdays.

3) Many blonks like aboutme, music apllet as blocks-plugins to a newer profile module.

4) The ability the profile edit page to have many tabs and you can chose what part of site you like to edit.

5) The ability blocks headers have a title and a hyperlink from the other side like facebook.

6) Ajax forms, comments, popups.

7) Remove the redirect pages and if it is needed to add a output code to use for example to a part of the theme file.

8) A profile plugin or a system module to be able to see new friend requests, new photo comments or any comment at users submissions.

9) The ability for admin and users to receive emails for any new comment, friend request or pm messenger. But not only a setting but a system module that can be shared with any other module that want to use it. Like a framework.

10) A email quewe management system. As it is know most of the hosting services ( about 90% ) has a limitation of how many emails you can send every hour. So a module that can keep on a outgoing folder all the email before they send, and a menu that admin can set how many messages will XOOPS send every hour. If the limit exceed the XOOPS will keep the emails and will send them the next hour. So no any messages will be lost.

11) Autologin, most easy ssl include to the login form.

12) The ability to edit any of system parts like comments send page or register page via a simple tamplate like other parts. Now it is dificcult for me to change something via the php code.

13) Onepage register. It is not needed to have second page to the register.

14) A feature that at the register page new members can tell for exapmle if they are man or woman and that will add them to a different XOOPS group. ( For example man will be automatically admins and girls will be semi-admins )

15) A feature to send aytomatically a pm message welcoming new users.

16) A ban system that can ban users for a certain time or for ever.

17) If you move someone to a banned members group or if you delete a profile user must logout and then the changes will take place. This is a big and must be fixed

18) More flexible theme to be able any module has its own codes for example: {xoops$birtdays} so in the theme be able to see new birthdays for example as now you can see the local time.

19) The ability to set how many online users it can show to the online now block and the ability to change the tamplate of the " showmore " pop up.

20) The ability to change site search tampaltes and change search field from a admin menu. Also to set how many seraches we allow per minute or hour for each group.

21) Many many ajax! A more user friendly interface. Also the ability to use different theme for different modules.

22) The ability to have more than one module to the first page.

23) An easier password recovery page ( with only one email and not verification )

24) An easy methond to make our pages from a webbased menu using the XOOPS theme.

25) A more inteliggent with more tools editor for the tamplates ( online tool )

26) The ability to have many different text editors ( a simple form, a form with some buttons or something other ) and the setting to set what we need to any of the modules.

27) Delete that very old button to all the submit pages that tell: enable smiley, XOOPS code and all these.

28) Delete the avatars and make a system that every user can upload pics other users can rate them or comment them and with a simple button the user can make a photo primary ;)

29) Profile buttons under the picture labeled: Photos, add as friend, block him. Look at hi5 and these sites.

30) Popup message for the new pm messageswith a allert sound.

31) This is global!! A chat module working very good like 123chat but free and servet lite :)

32) A mini field like myspace and hi5 with any new events like a member uploaded a new picture and more other...

33) Profile comments and a admin menu or a user menu that they can set how many comments can be shown to their profile.

34) Scrapbook like yogurt and hi5. You can also try to make all of them with the developer of yogurt network module.

35) The ability for developers to make mini plugins for the profiles module, like making modules for xoops. the plugins will be hugs, who love me who hates me. But now developers can't make a plugin that can be installed to the profile module automattcally.

36) The ability new members can join and login with their email and a password and not with a nickname and a name, because it is quite dificult. The best could be to have a menu to be able every admin to set what he needs.

I hope that these ideas whould help, and I am sure that all these will make XOOPS the first choise for any programmer that will make a site based on a cms. Please I am waiting replays from xoops4 developers. :) Sorry for my english I am from greece.

Mamba
Re: Xoops 4 (Xoopshere) feature requests
  • 2008/4/8 15:17

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

The list added to Wiki:

https://xoops.org/modules/mediawiki/index.php/Wishlist_for_XOOPS_30
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

bugirc
  • 2008/4/8 17:03

• bugirc

• Just popping in

Thank you. But will it be shown by a developer and will any of developers answer all us if they will develop all of them?

Mamba
  • 2008/4/8 17:37

• Mamba

Yes, they will see it, but I don't think, they will address all of them, at least not right away. This is a wish list, and different people have different needs, and as you know, with limited time and resources, you have to prioritize.
Support XOOPS => DONATE

bugirc
  • 2008/4/8 20:28

• bugirc

• Just popping in

You are right man ;) but I think that these all are important because most of them are already in drupal, joompla and other cms and some of my ideas can make XOOPS better than all ;)

If the developers want to make the best of all cms I think that these ideas could be very helpful.

Mamba
  • 2008/4/8 20:42

• Mamba

Your ideas are very good, and I wish, we would have all of this implemented in XOOPS. But I hope, we'll be able to consolidate the requests, prioritize them, and then the community will jump in and help making all of them a reality!

I think, the more we get involved and help, the sooner we'll have all these features in XOOPS
Support XOOPS => DONATE

bugirc
  • 2008/4/8 20:46

• bugirc

• Just popping in

So it could be nice if any XOOPS developer replay us, and tell us his opinion about the ideas :)

Let's see what we will see in the next version. But why you added them as whiselist for XOOPS 3? XOOPS 3 skipped and the after 2.3 version will be XOOPS 4 "xoopshere" as I have understand.

bugirc
  • 2008/4/10 11:51

• bugirc

• Just popping in

Please someone could tick this topic :)
When will the XOOPS 4 start developing? When we will have the alpha version?

noo-b
  • 2008/4/10 12:43

• noo-b

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2007/10/23

you should read this article....

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=4090

the 2008 plan..
now the focus is on XOOPS 2.3 - merger of 2.0 & 2.2 series

next XOOPS 3.0 - Xoosphere
I Love Xoops

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits