AHLIS
Login problems
  • 2008/1/22 19:01

• AHLIS

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/12

Hi.

I have got a problem with my site.

I have updated it from 2.0.17 to 2.0.18. I don't know if it has something to do with that.

Anyway...

When I try login from Firefox then the page redirct me to the loginblock.

When I try with Internet Explorer 7 it works at home, but when I try to login from my work it behve just like as firefox.

Same problem is with Inernet Explorer 6 at work.

Hope you understand my english. :S

Is there anyone out there who has had the same problem and solved it?

chardiar
Re: Login problems
  • 2008/1/22 19:14

• chardiar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/16

Hi AHLIS, you right. It seems there is a problem with XOOPS 2.0.18

Look at here and here.

Greetings.

Dewed
  • 2008/1/22 23:22

• Dewed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/1/22

I had the same thing all of a sudden. Since I couldn't get to the admin panel, I disabled the site by editing the config table directly via phpmyadmin. Then I went to flush the sessions table, and PHPMyadmin says that table is damaged so I flushed it anyways and now everything works again !!!!! YEAH !

AHLIS
  • 2008/1/24 17:51

• AHLIS

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/12

@chardiar: Thanks, that solved the problem at home with Firefox. Have to test it at work tomorrow. But I guess that will work fine too. I hope. :)

Dewed
  • 2008/1/31 23:48

• Dewed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/1/22

Ok, now the one million dollar question. Why did the sessions table become corrupted? On my site it gets corrupted twice a day, so continually flushing it really isn't an option.

From what I've gathered, the cause of my sessions table becoming repeatedly corrupted has to do with a different collation character set in the database then what XOOPS is inserting.
.. from phpmyadmin main page...
Server version: 5.0.45-community-log
Protocol version: 10
MySQL charset: UTF-8 Unicode (utf8)

But I see the actual collation on the XOOPS tables is different latin_swedish_ci I think

I was going to do a MySQL dump of the whole XOOPS database, I would then adit out any character set parameters from the MySQL dump and restore it..

But ! Before I totally break my site, or possibly waste lots of time, could someone in the know tell me if that even has a remote chance of solving this once and for all ?

I presume I'd also need to edit the MySQL class file, and add the character set mysqlquery lines I found elsewhere on the forums, to ensure XOOPS always speaks UTF8 to mysql

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits