coops
Moved Xoops - Now I can't log in!
  • 2008/1/2 7:25

• coops

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/15

Site:http://caca.org.au/nsw/

I moved XOOPS accross domains, and now I can't seem to log in.

It accepts my username and password, and shows a user menu, bust as soon as I click anything else, or refresh the page, I'm logged back out again!

To fix it, I've cleared:
- my cookies and cache
- the cache folder on the server
- the current user session rows in mysql

Still, it keeps happening!

Any other ideas? You can try for yourself:http://caca.org.au/nsw/

PS. I'm using 2.0.13, as the problem started before the update.

terrion
Re: Moved Xoops - Now I can't log in!
  • 2008/1/2 7:30

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

Did you update your mainfile.php with the correct domain and physical path?
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

terrion
  • 2008/1/2 7:36

• terrion

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/19

I just tried to register on your site and got a white screen when I submitted the registration form.

If I were in your shoes, first thing I'd check is the mainfile.php as I mentioned a second ago. Then I'd start looking through the support FAQS on this site as possibly every cause for this problem is addressed in there somewhere.

One clue is that the problem is not tied to your login name/account since it happens when trying to register a new user.
Terrion
Purchase, renew, or transfer your domain name to Ultranet Domains and get a FREE 10GB hosting account. Virtual Dedicated Servers around $35/monthly, no contract. FREE 24/7 telephone ...

script_fu

You need to post up new server specs...

Apache?
php?
mysql?

What is your new server set up with? Also list the modules you have installed.

Here is another trick download the version of XOOPS your site is running on. Then look to see if all files in the XOOPS package match whats on the new server.

Do not upload the files only look for now...

coops
  • 2008/1/2 11:45

• coops

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/15

Thanks for the responses guys,

I tried to simply edit only the path and domain in mainfile.php - so everything just reflects it's new position on the host. I can't see anything out of place. Should I post the mainfile contents here?

Also, my server is a basic LAMP setup, everything is pretty well updated.

The modules are content, extcal, extgallery, newbb, news, contact_plus, only extcal has stopped working, but the rest of the modules work fine as a guest. That's why it seems to be more of a session problem - I think?? Am I right?

Quest
  • 2008/1/2 12:18

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I wouldn't post your mainfile.php, unless you are willing to change it again. It contains db login information which should always remain secure.

A few questions:

Did your database take on a different name and or prefix for your tables when you moved accross domains. If so did it get changed in the mainfile.php too?

What text editor did you use to make the changes to the mainfile.php? It is very important to use a good text editor-wordpad and notepad can cause problems with whitespace in php and java coding.

Quest

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits