Re: efqDirectory

Edited: double post

awarrior
  • 2007/9/19 10:43

• awarrior

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/10/9

Have been giving this great module a workout on a test site and am very impressed with some of the features. But I can't get the Coupons to work.

Can't access [ Add Coupon ] and keep getting this message below, If I can't access this as site admin, not a lotta chance anyone else can !!
===========================================
Sorry, you don't have the permission to access this area.
If the page does not automatically reload, please click here
==========================================

Has anybody else had this problem and know how to fix it??
Is it an EFQDirectory or a XOOPS problem??
I suspect an EFQDirectory problem as I don't get this problem with Mxdirectory, except with the later I can't get it to print coupons

Have tried this out on
Xoops Version 2.0.15 and 2.0.17
MySQL - 4.0.21
phpMyAdmin - 2.8.2.4

--------------

I did also incorporate a site map plugin, which I have placed the code for below

Create a new page and call it sitemap.plugin.php
Place the code below into the new page then FTP it to the 'include' folder in the EFQDirectory module

<?php
if( ! defined( 'XOOPS_ROOT_PATH' ) ) exit ;
$mydirname = basename( dirname( dirname( __FILE__ ) ) ) ;
eval( '
function b_sitemap_'.$mydirname.'(){
$db =& Database::getInstance();
$smtree = new XoopsTree($db->prefix("efqdiralpha1_cat"),"cid","pid");
$myts =& MyTextSanitizer::getInstance();
$ret = array() ;
$tree = $smtree->getFirstChild(0,"title ASC");
foreach ($tree as $branch) {
$ret["parent"][] = array(
"id" => $branch["cid"],
"title" => $myts->htmlSpecialChars( $branch["title"] ),
"url" => "index.php?cid=".$branch["cid"]);
}
return $ret ;
}
' ) ;
?>
I'm smarter than the average bear boo boo......

wtravel

I have not seen this problem before. [Add coupon] is only available to the listing owner and if you added the listing yourself (with the same user name) you should be able to add a coupon.

- Did you create the listing with the same user name as the one you are logged in with when the error occurs.
- Do the module settings allow users to add coupons?

regards

Mamba
  • 2007/9/20 5:52

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

awarrior wrote:
Have been giving this great module a workout on a test site and am very impressed with some of the features. But I can't get the Coupons to work.

Can't access [ Add Coupon ] and keep getting this message below, If I can't access this as site admin, not a lotta chance anyone else can !!
===========================================

Has anybody else had this problem and know how to fix it??

Same problem here using 2.0.17.

It is happening under my login as administrator.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

Mamba
  • 2007/9/20 5:54

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Quote:

wtravel wrote:

- Did you create the listing with the same user name as the one you are logged in with when the error occurs.
- Do the module settings allow users to add coupons?

Yes, everything was created as Administrator. The module has settings to allow to add coupons.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

wtravel

Thank you Mamba, I will look into it the coming weekend

awarrior
  • 2007/9/20 11:52

• awarrior

• Just popping in

Hi wtravel

Sorry for the delay in replying (I see Mamba is quicker off the mark than me).
Just had to make all possible tests until my eyelids broke both the matchsticks, while I disappeared into the land of ZzZz'ds for a few hours.

I have tried this with both Admin and a test user account, but still keep getting........

I did notice there is reference in the coding to 'printcoupon.php' in the '\templates\efqdiralpha1_savings.html' file.
But upon checking through all the versions I have of efqdirectory, there is no 'printcoupon.php' file to be found, has it been accidently left out??

---------------------

Also upon looking at the demo version you have online. I notice the listing descriptions also appear in the 'Latest Listings' and 'Category Listings' as well as the 'Main Listing'.

I can only get the description to show in the main listing. Now I'm not too bothered about that, but would certainly like to see a shortened description for the 'small listings' view, maybe up to 20 words, so you would have to view the full listing to get the whole listing details, like in the News modules. So when someone submits a listing, the first 20 words will default to and show in the small listing page with the whole thing showing in the main listing page.

---------------------

On looking at some of the previous comments about EFQDirectory on the forum here, I have noticed a few asking about getting people to sign up with the payments page with the option to bypass this when submitting a free listing. I would have agreed to this at first sight myself, but now having tested this module, I don't think this is neccessary and think it is perfect the way it is already set up.

What I do feel would be a better option is to have a listing duration and automatic expiry, which could be set and adjusted via the admin panel to each listing. Say any listing submitted would have a 2 month duration before expiry, the submitter would be notified a few days before their listing expired with the option to renew. Now if the submitter wants his listing to remain in place and/or wants to make changes/update and they also see that their listing is near the bottom of the pile, then they would also be able to subscribe to a copper. silver or gold listing to make sure their listing remains near the top.

I feel this is a far better approach, at least all listings will be up to date and old ones that expire and if not renewed can be deleted and submitters will have the choice to upgrade without being forced to a payment page.
This will also save the time from a lot of uneccessary hacking and recoding.

I can see this approach working better if the 'Latest Listings' disappear from the first page. I have already done this hack by commenting out lines 208 and 209 on the index.php file.
These lines are :-
$sql = "SELECT l.itemid, l.logourl, l.uid, l.status, l.created, l.title, l.hits, l.rating, l.votes, l.typeid, l.dirid, t.description FROM ".$xoopsDB->prefix("efqdiralpha1_cat")." c, ".$xoopsDB->prefix("efqdiralpha1_item_x_cat")." x, ".$xoopsDB->prefix("efqdiralpha1_items")." l LEFT JOIN ".$xoopsDB->prefix("efqdiralpha1_item_text")." t ON (l.itemid=t.itemid) WHERE x.cid=c.cid AND l.itemid=x.itemid AND c.showpopular=1 AND l.status='2' AND l.dirid = '".$get_dirid."' ORDER BY l.created DESC";
$result = $xoopsDB->query($sql) or $eh->show("0013");

Anyone else like to comment on this??

---------------------

I did try posting on the EFQDirectory site forum, I signed up OK, but was not able to post to the forum and can't remember the error I got.

wtravel

Well, I am a bit embarrassed but I found the cause of the problem:

In file 'addcoupon.php' arround line 55 you will find:
if ((empty($xoopsUser)) || !$xoopsUser->isAdmin($xoopsModule->mid()) || ($itemid == && empty($_POST['delete']))) {

redirect_header('index.php'3_NOPERM);
    exit();
}

$couponid = isset($_GET['couponid']) ? intval($_GET['couponid']) : 0;
$itemid = isset($_GET['item']) ? intval($_GET['item']) : 0;

Replace this with:
$couponid = isset($_GET['couponid']) ? intval($_GET['couponid']) : 0;
$itemid = isset($_GET['item']) ? intval($_GET['item']) : 0;

if ((empty(
$xoopsUser)) || !$xoopsUser->isAdmin($xoopsModule->mid()) || ($itemid == && empty($_POST['delete']))) {

redirect_header('index.php'3_NOPERM);
    exit();
}

The reason is that $itemid should be defined before checking the permissions. In previous versions it was working alright but for some reason I must be changed the sequence during cleanup of the code. I will add a patch of this file and a new release to the efqdirectory.com site.

wtravel

@awarrior: if you keep having problems posting on the forum on the site, please let me know.

Thanks for your suggestions. I would like to complete the to-do-list for the coming release, so by the that next month I can start developing the code. If you have any other suggestions please keep them coming .

awarrior
  • 2007/9/25 7:43

• awarrior

• Just popping in

Hi wtravel

Oh don't be embaressed about minor c**kups, to ERR is human and we all make mistakes. That always reminds me of when I get told by my bank that 'It's a computer error", they hate my reply when I say "No it's not, it's soppy prat on the keyboard error"

Well the add coupon page does now show when the option is clicked on, but as soon as I create and try to add a coupon to the listing, it then tells me I still have not got the permission to to do this and takes me back to the module index.

Also are the
printcoupon.php
and
xxxx_print_savings.html
files missing from the module

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When creating a directory, it could do with a 'Sequence' field so that directories can be set in the order you want instead of the default alphabetical order

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
advertz_item_x_loc field. When I checked this in phpmyadmin I had a warning sign showing

More than one INDEX key was created for column `itemid`

This was concerning the lines in the table structure
KEY `loctypeid` (`itemid`),
KEY `loctypeid_2` (`itemid`)

Don't know if this can cause a problem, but thought I'd better let you know.

On the edit.php file

It does seem and from what I can remember from reading on the EFQDirectory site, that the main form was cut back to increase speed. I think that maybe by enabling a couple of the fields, like county and postcode would be an asset if like me. for putting a google map link on the listing page.

Now this one could be a major headache.... and I found this out by accident. Don't know whether you know about this.

The ability of creating extra fields is a fantastic ability to have, with custom forms being made for all types of Listings/Ads whatever. And with any outdated or old Listings/Ads being able to be deleted by the admin is great -BUT- when you think you have deleted a Listing/Ad via admin, has it really been deleted, well no.

Any images submitted will still remain in the uploads folder, so these will need manual deletion.

Any extra custom fields used in the Listing/Ad, the details entered in will remain in the database and will also need to be manually removed using phpmyadmin

The main problem will come if you take a fair turnover of Listings/Ads per week or so, how are you going to be able to control whats outdated and whats not, particularly if you have deleted the main Listing/Ad via admin. If you have several hundred to go through (we should all be so lucky) then you could end up with loads of outdated images taking up server space and loads of dead info slowing down the database.

This I think will be a major issue and cause for concern over a period of time with this module, it's 'achilles heel' so to speak. A Listing/Ad deletion by admin needs to be complete including any image and extra custom field details used.

Login

Who's Online

200 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 200

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits