antifmradio
MySql 5?

So my host company sent a message today they are going to switch from MySql 4.1 to MySql 5

how stable is XOOPS on MySql 5?

JMorris
Re: MySql 5?
  • 2007/9/15 0:27

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

XOOPS itself works perfectly fine. Modules, that's a different story, but if the modules you are using are well supported and updated regularly, then you should be fine.

The only time I've had any problems with it is when I tried to run a 2.0.13.2 site with 2 + year old modules.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Will_H
  • 2007/9/15 1:17

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

A few issues here with CBB topics ghosting after the upgrade.

antifmradio

well isnt this juts peachy

i just went to a number of my client installations and it seems NONE of them are working
not only am i running two of my sites on with this company but i am also the designer for 7 other accounts on the same host company

they like me im sure..... i sell product for them ( i sound like a pusher now)

but the problem is that they have already begun the transition over to Sql 5 on all my installations

i called them, they will move me back to 4.1
but after that happens and i have access to the sites
i need to go through each one and see what does and doesn't work within a limited time because eventually EVERYONE will be runing within Sql 5

Looks like i have my work cut out for me this week
Im sure in the end ill just force them to give me free service perminantly

JMorris
  • 2007/9/15 2:22

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Could you please provide the SQL debug messages you were receiving so that the offending code can be found and fixed.

Thank you.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

antifmradio

i wish i could but part of my control panel with them includes
a CGI ERROR LOG section

unfortunatly since they are literally in the middle of the conversion, when i click CGI ERROR LOG link in the control panel
the screen just refreshes and i see no logs.

Im sure this is a specific porpuse setting on their end during conversions but as a result
i wont know what does and doenst work until around this time tomorrow night by where i can actually get into the error logs

other then that the only thing i see when i goto either of the domains is

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

JCDunnart
  • 2007/9/15 4:02

• JCDunnart

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/7/1 5

Test locally. Install MySQL 5.0 and a backup of your sites on your pc so you can debug and fix any issues.

Login

Who's Online

261 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 261

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits