Will_H
Re: how to make xoops w3c compliant
  • 2007/9/7 20:19

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Skenow is correct on this one,

Theme developers are usually much more adept to compliance than module devs.

We cant blame them though, they already spend countless hours writing the backend, that when they get to the user side... well you get the idea.

Ideally module authors should care enough to consult designers. Though this hasn't become commonplace as of yet.

Your best bet is to either rewrite all the templates, while doing so make sure you plan on theme swaps, or hope someone does as skenow has suggested.

Personally I have done quite a bit of work on some of the templates that I use regularly. I think that I will look into forwarding what I have done to the module authors as well.

kris_fr
  • 2007/9/7 21:54

• kris_fr

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2005/12/31

First of all, we must define and propose a naming of the selectors Css for the core and the modules.
Zetareticuli, morphogenesis, XOOPS 2.3, go in this direction

pAraN0iD
  • 2007/9/8 8:00

• pAraN0iD

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/16

Quote:
so if the modules are not w3c compliant, any way to work around it.

Yeah, if your read the errors you can look at page source to figure out which module pages not compliant. Then you can edit the templates to fix. Working this way I reduced my home page down to 2 errors from 40.

Also, if you put images in news stories and things you need to add alt tags. So, content can cause not valid to.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits