• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Team Leader: KC0MAZ
Team members // status
KC0MAZ // Active
Sailjapan // Active
JAVesey // Active
Northern // Resigned

With the resignation of Northern the Community Coordinators are evaluating [name withheld] as a candidate of for one of the open positions. A second person has yet to be identified.

SailJapan is just about to wrap up the discussion on the new forum structure. After several off topic comments, the community provided some good input. Project Council member [name withheld] is using the information to finalize the forum structure, on the new Xoops.org web site

KC0MAZ worked with several community members to restore their web sites after the Turk Hack Team attempted to defaced many XOOPS based web sites.

The request to ban user [name withheld] is almost completed the final proposal is awaiting the project council approval. Request this issue be expedited as several community members are becoming frustrated with the situation.

The issue regarding [name withheld] is unclear at this time. He is claiming a lawsuit has been file, however to the best of my knowledge a complaint has not been received by the XOOPS Foundation. What is known is [name withheld] has file a complaint against [name withheld], and he has not answered. XOOPS is not named in that suit. Request that once XOOPS is named, that all communications with [name withheld] regarding the lawsuit be moved to holding, for review by the legal department.

Several double posts have been removed, as well as several posts have been edited for language 'work-a-rounds'

Spammer attacks have been quite limited during the month of August.

KC0MAZ has accepted a non-voting position on the Project Council.

The Vision and Mission Statement for the entire XOOPS Project is ongoing.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

BlueStocking
Re: Community Coordinator Team Report Sept 1

This Name Withheld is posturing crap.

1) If you are going to talk about somebody, Name them and state their offense. I have read all of Damasters posts as well as Vaughans, and I do not see a justification for banning Damasters based of what has been written here.

2) On the form structure, the final approval for that comes from DJ and has been clearly stated with the formation of the council.

3) Is this supppose to be some kind of informing the community there is a pending lawsuit in the works, and how is it suppose to affect us the users.

What in the devil is going on here?

Now bottom line inquiry, IF XOOPS is named in a lawsuit, WHO will be the responsible parties. What about the partners.

This presents more questions than answers.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

kc0maz
  • 2007/9/1 23:50

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

You missed the point of the entire report.

This report is not
Who is naughty or nice list (Santa keeps this list)
a status of the project (this is provided by the project council)
a status of the forums, or the community
a informational news posting (news team)

This report is: a status of the Community Coordinator Team (CCT) and projects assigned to them.

Allow me to expand on the report: The CCT received a request to ban a user, The CCT investigated the request, and submitted a proposed solution the the project council. Once the Project council approves or amends the proposed solution, it will be posted for all to see, it will name names, and offenses. The names where withheld to prevent a flame war here, besides it really doesn't matter who requested who be banned. The CCT received a request, then investigated, then submitted a solution. As a side note: the CCT received a second request for banning, related the first request, the solution submitted addresses both requests.

For this report, it doesn't matter what the forum structure is, if it has been approved or even the topic of the discussion. The CCT was assigned a task by the Project Council, not D. J., and it has been carried out.

Maybe I was unclear about the lawsuit issue. First, until a complaint has been filed, and The Foundation is served with that complaint, there is no lawsuit. Because of the international nature of XOOPS and its Foundation, a lawsuit may affect the way the CCT operates. I have requested guidance from the Foundation how to proceed.
What you need to know: The CCT is aware of the situation and is monitoring it closely, and guidance from the foundation has been requested. This should not effect the community.
--unknown

Northern
  • 2007/9/2 4:04

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

<-- is on the naughty list....

BlueStocking

Quote:

The CCT received a request to ban a user, The CCT investigated the request, and submitted a proposed solution the the project council. Once the Project council approves or amends the proposed solution, it will be posted for all to see, it will name names, and offenses.

There was a request to ban a user posted on the form. BIG RED HEADLINE BAN THIS USER.

Is this the way we are to make a request to ban a user and is this what you consider the request that is being presented to the council.

I posted to that thread and it was immediately closed and removed from view.

Damaster should not be the only one removed, it took more than just him to do that dance. He got plenty of encouragement with the daily appearence of ban Damaster as the signature on users posts.

Making detrogrative statements about other users as a part of one signature should be considered against the TOS.

Just my opinion.
BlueStocking
End User rep.

kc0maz
  • 2007/9/2 17:47

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
Is this the way we are to make a request to ban a user and is this what you consider the request that is being presented to the council.

The banning requests was
posted to the forums
Sent via Private message
Sent via Instant Messenger both Yahoo and msn
Sent via E-mail (3X and counting)
Sent via radiogram (National Traffic System)
and sent via postal mail.

WE GOT THE MESSAGE!!

Please stop sending it.

for this report, and this report only-
Quote:

it really doesn't matter who requested who be banned.

What matters is the CCT didn't sit around like the chosen frozen, the CCT took action on the request.
Quote:

The CCT received a request, then investigated, then submitted a solution.
--unknown

BlueStocking
Re: C CT Report Sept 1 RE: banning users - across all oficial sites?

May I ask what was the stated reason for the request to ban this user.

This is of interest because I understood that a user requesting the ban of another user needed more than a "I just don't like him/her or we don't get along."

What are the justifiable reasons one may request the banning of another user for?

and which one or two apply in this case?

Please understand, I have only been here since February of this year and am interested in knowing if having people banned because of past baggage is part of the CCT mandate.

Damaster may need to be banned, but if so I think we all should be privledged to the same information that the project council is given to make the determination on.

How else are we going to know if you are doing your jobs, or simply making up the rules as you go along?

This is a legimate question that needs to be answered, if we are all subject to the same rules.

Again, my opinion.
End User rep

BTW: kc0maz, you brought this matter up in the CCT report or I would not be persuing it as a potential issue to be resolved.

vaughan
  • 2007/9/13 23:46

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

Quote:

) If you are going to talk about somebody, Name them and state their offense. I have read all of Damasters posts as well as Vaughans, and I do not see a justification for banning Damasters based of what has been written here.

wait till i start posting more flames & total rubbish and repeating the same thing over & over again like a stuck record, when you finally get pissed off with it all, i'll create a new account and start all over again, then i'll use another account and start doing it all over again, then i might even get somebody to hack an account and start flaming and posting crap with that account instead.

i might even become xguide (aka Damaster) and hack into herko's account and post crap using herko's account.

then you'll soon get round to Justifying the need to Ban me won't you. and that's exactly what Damaster did for years!

so now tell me you see no justification.

and i'm still waiting to see the discussion relating to my request to have him banned. what evidence was used, was it just the evidence i provided which was by no means complete. or was more evidence used, can we see those discussions lol i hate to say this again but everyone thinks it's alright to keep spouting it off so i'm gonna say it, please let us see those discussions in the interests of the open source spirit

and don't take this the wrong way KC, but if it was just the coordinators who were judge & jury, then please tell me what members of the coordination team were here for the past 3 - 4 years when Damaster was causing all that grief. you are relatively new to XOOPS as a fully active member, i don't hold that aginst you, but i do consider it as an inexperience of Damasters antics.

@Darcy, you say you have read all Damasters posts? have you read the posts from his other many accounts here too?

xguide, nuno are 2 more of his.. he has many many more of which i can't recall the names right now.

and yes he did post using herko's account unauthorised when he was using the xguide username. i'm sure you'll find references to it if you search.

seth_sd
  • 2007/9/14 6:52

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

Councils and teams and nothing gets done....There is so so much time wasted on all of this stuff. I really feel that we should let everyone stand on their own merits.

If you wanna say it then be ready for the wrath. The members around here that speak with knowledge and confidence will rise to the top. The douchebags will be, well, douchebags and they'll ban themselves. We're all intelligent people around here and why should kc0maz (not personal but just wonder how he can possibly make that determination without some bias) determine who says what?

As it is, we spend more time on flame wars and personal attacks because they keep getting moderated and nothing gets settled. GET IT OUT IN THE OPEN AND SETTLE IT! If you need multiple accounts, you're a pussy and everyone will know it. If you have the truth behind you then bring it and all will come to the proper conclusions.

Seth

P.S. One the most informative sites I have ever come across and that I read everyday has a policy of moderating basically nothing. The site has become the most popular web site in it's area of interest in the world. People have said some crazy things and done some crazy stuff but if you are going to post you better be knowledgeable, truthful and confident or else you will get shot down in flames instantly. The information on this site is second to none and it has actually revolutionized some pretty important aspects of the sport that it covers.

As a matter of fact, a racing machine was conceived of, designed, built and delivered in record numbers around the world all in the user forums with no moderation....That's a $100,000.00 piece of equipment. Essentially, an open source racing machine and that's the truth.

If it was moderated it simply would not have existed and that's a fact.

Seth
"Why can't we have a car powered on a mixture of patchouli oil, ignorance, and double standards? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of that sh1t." - LR

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits