blackrose
Help Needed Please
  • 2006/8/25 15:55

• blackrose

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/25

I'm having a couple problems with my xoops. I would appreciate any help I can get with these.

First on my login page instead of having words beside the checkboxes underneath where you type in username and password I have this showing up:

_MB_IPBOARD_REME
_MB_IPBOARD_ANONS

I *think* it's supposed to say remember me and log in as anonymous but I'm not sure. Can anyone tell me what file I need to look in to fix this problem? It's driving me nuts. LOL I would also like to just remove that anonymous option since I don't allow anonymous users on the site.

Second issue I'm having is that I can't get the private messages to work unless I'm looking at the users in the admin panel. Admin is the only account that will send private messages. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Third problem is that I can't find any info on how to set up the paypal system. I tried searching the docs and again no luck. I need this working as my site is supposed to be pay LOL

Thanks for any and all help in advance

BlackRose

davidl2
Re: Help Needed Please
  • 2006/8/25 16:00

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Instead of using IPBOARD - which is a hacked standalone forum, I would advise using CBB instead, which is a native, XOOPS module.

As for the payment system, id recommend checking out http://www.xtotal.co.uk - as this should allow you to have a paid membership facility (as well as other nice features).

It costs a few pounds... but it's worth it if you want to make money from your site.

blackrose
  • 2006/8/27 13:30

• blackrose

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/8/25

I'm not using that IPBoard forum I installed one called newbb. I don't want to pay for another script I've already bought two that wouldn't run and because of that I'm out almost a grand. In one of the folders I have there is a paypal folder and what I was asking was does anyone know how to get this working. Also, you didn't address the pm's not working issue. Thanks again for you help.

jensclas

Quote:
I'm not using that IPBoard forum I installed one called newbb

Did you pay for newbb??? Perhaps I misunderstand - You can get the latest version of this - now called CBB ...there are loads of XOOPS modules which are free! You usually don't need to pay for a XOOPS module unless you have it specifically designed for you.

Quote:
Also, you didn't address the pm's not working issue.

That might be for one of 2 reasons - david is a bit unwell and/or he doesn't have the answer. We are all volunteers here so we depend a lot on the right person coming along and on subject specific topics. Your 'Help me please' as a subject is not a good way to get the right help. Please see this FAQ here and here.

Now...to look at your specific areas...

_MB_IPBOARD_REME

??? I can't help with this as i haven't seen it before. Did you have ipb before changing to NewBB? What version of NewBB are you using? What XOOPS and other versions?

2nd question - impossible to answer unless we have more information from you - ie - your XOOPS version etc - please check the read before you post link below.

David has addressed the payment system with latest information as far as I can tell.

Hope this helps to get you on the right track - your first task is to give us more information

msdana
  • 2006/8/28 0:17

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

Quote:
In one of the folders I have there is a paypal folder and what I was asking was does anyone know how to get this working.

It would be helpful if you posted your XOOPS version and the modules (and versions) you are currently using.

Also note that a PayPal folder is not included with the core XOOPS download. Where exactly do you see this PayPal folder?
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

Will_H
  • 2006/8/28 2:05

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Why not just kill that block?

You are showing the standard XOOPS login just below that one.

Also, you really need to protect your theme dir.

drop an index.html into it, its wide open

MountainProu

Any ideas on the _MB_IPBOARD_REME or _MB_IPBOARD_ANONS?

I'm having the same issues. I'm running the 2.0.16. It started showing up after I installed newbb.

MountainProu

Nevermind. I found it in the system_blocks.php in modules\system\blocks.

Qlazon
  • 2007/8/27 10:29

• Qlazon

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/29

I hope that this thread isn't dead.

I have the same problem with "_MB_IPBOARD_REME" and "_MB_IPBOARD_ANONS" at the login-page. The problem appeared after changing colours of my piCal-blocks. I don't know why this should coincide.

I also tried installing invision powerboard and newBB last week, with major complications and no success, so I managed to, as I thought then, delete most of the bullentin-progs. However, something I did today seems to have upset my Xoops.

In addition to this problem of the login-page, I managed to login only to realise that my "multimenu"-made navigational meny doesn't show as it should. The titel of the meny is there, but not the links?

I'm running XOOPS 2.0.16 with swedish lang. How do I remove (or at least rename) the mb_ipboard-thingies, and does anyone know what could be wrong with my menu and how to fix it?

vaughan
  • 2007/8/27 18:43

• vaughan

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/26

_MB_IPBOARD_REME or _MB_IPBOARD_ANONS? has nothing to do with pical or newbb.

the only way you could have got those lang defines like that is if you have previously had or tried to install X-IPB and either succeeded or failed, your XOOPS & overwritten the x-ipb language files.

i can't see any other way of them getting there.

if you tried installing x-ipb then hopefully you read the instructions where it says that it is specific to a certain XOOPS version otherwise of course you will not successfully install it.

you will also have overwritten XOOPS core files during the install, those of course need to be recopied back to the server by using the original XOOPS core files from the XOOPS version you currently use.

then update the system module in module admin.

Login

Who's Online

406 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 406

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits