jiri_pasek
CBB - anonymous user cannot access any forum
  • 2007/8/15 20:28

• jiri_pasek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/14

Hi all.

I succesfully installed CBB 3.08 with XOOPS 2.0.16. After few days I am getting familiar with them, I needed to change several parts - to simplify its gui for my users - and I consider file structure of it surprisingly clear, thanx to every contributor.

Anyway, I am facing quite strange trouble. I set up 1 category and several forums inside. I wanted to configure user right so everyone can at least read my forum topics. I configured rights in system and cbb modules, applied them to my category and forums, but it still does not work (I get a message user has no rights for category/forum when entering it). I checked xoops__group_permission table, and I see correct records there.

Is it necessary *somehow* to make a forum public? Can you please give my kind of checklist what to do - to have anonymous (and registered) users accessing my forums?

Thank you in advance, Jiri

DarinAllan
Re: CBB - anonymous user cannot access any forum

Go to Admin >>> groups, and check Module access rights for anonymous.

Then you also have the actual module permissions in Admin >>> newbb/Forum >>> Permissions. You can choose which Categories are visible to anon registered etc. It's a fairly comprehensive permissions system that you have to go through each option, about 11 options I think, eg. "Can Access". "Can View", "Can start New Topics"

From memory they are the steps required

;o)

jiri_pasek
Re: CBB - anonymous user cannot access any forum
  • 2007/8/16 7:14

• jiri_pasek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/8/14

That is what I did before - my anonymous users have "module access rights" for forum module plus "block access rights" for all blocks in the module.

Resized Image

And in forum module, my anonymous users have "can enter" + "can view" rights for all my forums.

Resized Image

There is a bit Czech in the examples, hopefully they are still readable.

And it is not enough - I still get a message I am not authorized to enter a forum when I am not logged in ... Does anyone have any idea?

Jiri

Login

Who's Online

265 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 265

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits