technigrafa
Mastop Publish WYSIWYG Editor IE 6 Incompatibilities

I have been using the Mastop Publish content editing module a lot lately, and I have to say that it is an AWESOME moredul. But I have found that there are several functions that do not seem to work in the WYSIWYG editor in older browsers, particularly IE 6. Mainly links don't work, for example. You can highlight a word, click the link button, a window pops up and you type in an address, but when you get back to the editor, no link is there.

I've run into this problem with two different clients, running on two different servers. These things work perfect in Firefox or IE 7, but many of our clients are in an educational or corporate environment still running IE 6, and they can't upgrade or install another browser.

Also, I have seen that lists and blockquotes don't seem to function right on one of my sites, but I am guessing that is a problem with a conflict with my CSS because that doesn't work in Firefox either...

I am pretty sure that TinyMCE is compatible with IE 6, so I guess the link problem is specific to Mastop somehow. Has anyone else ran into this problem or have any idea how to fix them? I would be more than happy to pay someone well to fix the browser incompatibilities in Mastop Publish 1.1.

Thanks!

script_fu
Re: Mastop Publish WYSIWYG Editor IE 6 Incompatibilities

How a bout a little bump on this thread?

I have found the alot of people design modules/themes in firefox and not finish the job with IE.

I am not saying bye no means that mastop was because it a first class quality module! But somethings do get lost if you only click on firefox.

Anyway nice post technigrafa

wtravel

Who deleted the news items on Mastop Publish and why? The news items simply disappeared ????

Both top links in this google search no longer exist.

technigrafa

Interesting...

*bump*

technigrafa

Update: The problem isn't related to IE6 afterall. I think it's OS related.

I did find out that it only has the problem on computers running Windows 2000. IE6 on XP works fine. So I expect that javascript is either turned off or maybe that particular version of javascript doesn't like the link editor.

So it's not really a solution....but at least it's more information.

seth_sd
  • 2007/7/24 17:23

• seth_sd

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/9

Quote:

wtravel wrote:
Who deleted the news items on Mastop Publish and why? The news items simply disappeared ????

I wanna know too! That's messed up. Mastopr Publish is an awesome module that people should know about.

Is it a XOOPS "team" member or the developer that deleted that? I know it was there because that's what prompted me to download it.

Why is stuff being deleted?
"Why can't we have a car powered on a mixture of patchouli oil, ignorance, and double standards? There seems to be an inexhaustible supply of that sh1t." - LR

BlueStocking

Looks like operation "clean house"

or someone has it against Giba

His posts seem to just disappear.

Without a forum moderator note or any explaination.

Moved, left no forwarding address...

Who's to blame?

The one who removed it without leaving a note.

That is who is to blame.

This is just....
Another BlueStocking Opinion
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

topet05
  • 2007/7/24 17:48

• topet05

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/19

Quote:

seth_sd wrote:
Quote:

wtravel wrote:

I wanna know too! That's messed up. Mastopr Publish is an awesome module that people should know about.

Is it a XOOPS "team" member or the developer that deleted that? I know it was there because that's what prompted me to download it.

Hi!
I wanna know too!
I did not delete anything!
So the news about Mastop Go2 module was deleted too!
I wanna know why all my news was deleted, please. If it was a mistake, i can send it again.
Thanks

Peekay
  • 2007/7/24 17:48

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:

Please can someone from the administration team answer this question. I appreciate the developer may have requested it's removal, however I clearly recall a headline news story announcing MastTop Publish.

If anyone notices notifications that suddenly go missing please report this in the forums. I advise everyone who is concerned about maintaining the integrity of this knowledgebase to open their notifications page and 'save' it as an html file, because deleted topics will simply appear as blank entries.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Peekay
  • 2007/7/24 17:56

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:
Looks like operation "clean house"

I am confident this will not happen. Because if it does, the whole world will get to know about it. And that will be the end of XOOPS as a viable CMS.

If xoops.org is getting too large to work efficiently it needs to be 'iced' as a searchable archive, not decimated as part of some individual's clean-up crusade.

The disc space, server load argument is a joke. I am sure the other CMS developers will find it highly amusing to know you can't even run a support forum using Xoops.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits