BlueStocking
Re: xoopswiki.org

Jen,
I was registering a certain disgust with the wiki being discussed and worked on since my first installing a wiki on my server May 15th.

I have since installed three working wiki's versions and am still waiting for one to be installed on XOOPS that can be used.

I am at a point now where I have learned the wiki language of three different versions and have done some coding to convert languages etc., - have documents ready to go live.
have people ready to submit, - But I know in the back of my mind this will NOT be the final wiki used.

I am pretty much in limbo since the xoopswiki.org site was closed and Ana gifted it to Xoops.org

There is a fact that can't be ignored. I don't have access to the final wiki version.

I may just be spinning wheels.

It is NOTHING against you personally. We all have other things to do or that can be done. It is just that I have much free time to devote to this that I need someone at the top that can move a little faster than what has been evolving.

I fear that Ana was wearing to many hats, There is noone dedicated to wiki without other responsibilities.

It is moving to slow. That is NOT YOUR FAULT, nor is it Ana's -- it is the way things are being talked to death without corresponding action.

BlueStocking.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

davidl2
  • 2007/6/14 17:45

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

BlueStocking - as per earlier post, the wiki should be back up in a few days.

There is some technical issues which is being dealt with at the moment - half of which have been dealt this morning... So it is quite possible for Sunday latest.

jensclas

thanks David. I know you work as fast as you can. We'll get you working as fast as we can bluestocking We all know you have a lot to contribute and are passionate about getting these docs going.
Jen

BlueStocking

Jen,
I think I have solved the language problem with a bit of code.

if so,

it is a simple copy and paste of a line of code in each document posted. (template feature)

Google will do the translation into english and we english speakers can edit it and polish it in our own language. The reverse is also true.

It will be one wiki for ALL users presented to each user in his/her own language.

I do not believe this is being done anywhere as of yet.
It seems to be a google translation quirk that makes it possible. It showed up in the edit mode... for me in the use of templates. Google rewrites the code in the edit page that allows for this feature to just happen. It wasn't intentional, as far as I can tell.

So I believe we may find a way to exploit this.

BlueStockings.
BUT and it is a big one... IT Probably already is being done and I am not aware of it, and being done better.
Some will know, and I surly hope you have the authority to move quickly and implement anything that comes down the pipe that is appropiate and more better. lets 'gitter done'

See sample athttp://upnrunnin.hypermart.net/xoops03/

BTW: XOOPS is welcome to the site. I can set up new domain pointers within the hour. It can be any domain XOOPS wants that isn't already taken. I don't have any personal affection for it... It is just a place to get some XOOPS experience and learn about the wiki's.

jensclas

Due to my decision to resign from all things XOOPS i wish to assure those interested in documentation and wiki that ana's wiki has been handed to the foundation and is being established and hosted provately with David. it is in safe hands until the coms or documentation team take it up.

jen

BlueStocking

Jen,

I am sorry, but can't you just take on one job or XOOPS responsibility. I thought the xoopsdocs.net was a part of this site. I didn't have a clue it was your personal website. The impression I got was xoops.org was way behind times on documentation... Wiki could have been added to that site (apparently yours) so easily and I could have helped you since you have the ability and the authority on that site to add and subtract files. Had I been told and you been willing, then at least I would have known. I would have no objections to working the wiki on your xoopsdocs.net site, or where ever it lands. I don't think that will be more than you can handle extremely well, and I would like to see you keep it.

As it previously was,

I was saddled with another log-in situation to work on the wiki when Ana had it, and a not IE browser compatible theme that made my working in the xoopswiki.org environment intolerable. I voiced this up front and was told (posted on the website) to use another, other than the default theme or firefox. This was not acceptable to me and I have said as much. At least 90 percent of the end-users use ie browsers. It was not an issue to argue, I simply put wiki on my own site with the intention of moving the resulting code to the xoopswiki on a as needed and as completed basis.

Also I am not comfortable working on a site, voluntarily that promotes their own business. That is an unfair advantage to other xoopster that may want to promote their own competitive business. Xoopswiki.org was an independent, personally owned site that did not interest me. MediaWiki stands on its own much better with no strings attached.

I must be allowed to work according to my own skills and ability and in my timeframe if I am going to volunteer my services. The same as any one else, this requires having access and not needing to ask permission to complete a task at hand. If my work enviroment does not have these two elements then I will not continue. The Wiki, as it stands handles both elements, without my being a team member and should not interfer with the design and operation of XOOPS daily routine.

There is much you know about documentation and XOOPS and its users that you are much to valuable of an asset to lose on my account. I will help you, not hinder you, if you will let me.

I WANT YOU TO STAY.
You are the person for this job.

Pleas reconsider.
BlueStocking
BTW: until it is posted in the rules, I WILL USE CAPS whenever I wish. So pay attention to the message, and forget the mode of delivery.

davidl2
  • 2007/6/15 15:01

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

If the modern look of the XoopsWiki theme makes the site difficult for you to use, I will install the option of the another design for you when the site is live. Although I am pleased to note that the majority of people preffer the current design - which, I may add, has NO promotion to Snow's design business at all!

However, I would certainly recommend upgrading to Firefox as opposed to Internet Exploder

Incidently, as head of a web design team for a UK business, I've noticed there has been a substantial decrease in people using IE over the last few years

davidl2
  • 2007/6/15 15:02

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

PS: I want Jen to stay as well of course.

davidl2
  • 2007/6/15 15:08

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

BlueStocking - Xoopsdocs.net was run by Rowd, not by Jen - although Jen did contribute a lot of excellent work to it.

BlueStocking

David,
I check the stats that tells what users have what browsers.
It is listed by percentage also. I can use both browsers and I can work around the problem. The fact is I won't.

I use the ftp ability of ie6 on a regular basis, also the ability to drag and drop to my desktop. Along with some other features that is not available in firefox.

I sent images of what I was seeing via a post.
http://upnrunnin.hypermart.net/xoopshelper/SCRSHOT2.JPG
http://upnrunnin.hypermart.net/xoopshelper/SCRSHOT.JPG
http://upnrunnin.hypermart.net/xoopshelper/SCRSHOT3.JPG
http://upnrunnin.hypermart.net/xoopshelper/SCRSHOT4.JPG

My changing browsers does not cure the problem.

I don't consider what I can do, I consider what the end-user is going to do. And that is leave the site, and go somewhere else. You have to be determined and have a specific reason for putting up with this. It is not good XOOPS business.

That is a fact not just an opinion.

BlueStocking.
BTW: the majority of persons like this theme. You need to qualify that. The majority of Firefox users prefer this theme. My suvey among ie6 users said what theme?

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits