torweb
Menu organization
  • 2007/6/14 20:45

• torweb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/5 1

New to XOOPS but really like it. I'm trying to setup an XOOPS site to duplicate my static site. I would like to eliminate some of the redundant menu items in my left menu area. The site is at:http://www.consultyou.net/cms/htdocs/modules/AMS/

I would like to eliminate the following items under General Menu from appearing:

Home
Articles and Archieve

Also is there a way to get the following menu items to show up in the menu section called Departments:

Calendar
Links
Audio Video
Contact Us

I'm trying to get a simple list of navigationl menu items all listed in one section.

Thanks in advance (I'm sure this sounds confusing)

nachenko
Re: Menu organization
  • 2007/6/14 21:11

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

Three simple rules you need to know about menus:

Your best bet to control any menu in XOOPS is editing its template. Templates are grouped by module, so Main menu template belongs to "System - blocks" and the other one belongs to "AMS - blocks".

Main menu is controlled by a template in system module. The AMS menu is another template in AMS module.

To supress the "home" button just delete the home tag in main menu template.

To add stuff in Departments menu, just add it at the end of the template. Ability to read and write HTML will be useful at this point.

Submenus are defined in xoops_version.php - Every module has it's own xoops_version.php file, locate AMS's, and look for this:

['sub']

This is part of the PHP code that defines the submenus.

MadFish
  • 2007/6/15 7:24

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

You might also like to look at the Multimenu module by Solo. It lets you create dynamic menus however you like (you could make one to replace your main menu).

torweb
  • 2007/6/15 15:36

• torweb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/5 1

Thanks for both replies. I'll spend the weekend and see where I end up...

Thanks again!!

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits