hackbrill
Re: [XoopsTeam] report - Forum Moderator - status
  • 2007/6/13 21:18

• hackbrill

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/7/14

Quote:

jensclas wrote:

I vouch for the fact that there was in fact a moderator team report, not as implied by the opening post of this thread that none was made. It was made on the moderator forums, which are not public forums, not on the open to the public space DJ provided.

I think phppp's intent is to get information to the community (public) where it is sorely needed.

BlueStocking

Quote:

I would hold off on removing moderators until all the teams get a bit more settled.

I was taking a slap at the fact that moderators were not given the authority they should have. One can't expect them to spin gold out of straw. They have to be given the equipment to work with.

My opinion.
BS
EDIT ADDON: that may include a little training in diplomacy.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

kc0maz
  • 2007/6/14 13:10

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

I just want to make sure I understand all of this.

1.The Moderators do not need more help, right now. their team is functioning.
2.Their only crime, as a team, is not publicly posting their team status
3.They need the authority to do their job.
4.At the very least, an explanation why a decision was reversed by the management

Therefore, I suggest that the Moderator team is not taken over by the 'Community Coordination' team right now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

However It might not be a bad idea for the Moderator team to let the Community Coordination team know what they are doing, and let the Community Coordination team make the public announcement. Since many of the same people who listed in Community Coordination are also moderators, It makes this task much easier.

Quote:

BlueStocking wrote:

My opinion.
BS
EDIT ADDON: that may include a little training in diplomacy.

I think it is safe to say we all, including myself, could use this.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

sailjapan

Quote:

kc0maz wrote:
...I suggest that the Moderator team is not taken over by the 'Community Coordination' team right now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

However It might not be a bad idea for the Moderator team to let the Community Coordination team know what they are doing, and let the Community Coordination team make the public announcement. Since many of the same people who listed in Community Coordination are also moderators, It makes this task much easier...

I'd agree that the 2 teams don't need amalgamating, but would like to ask if more than one moderator (or more than one rep from each team for that matter) need to be on the co-ordination team.

Crip
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

kc0maz
  • 2007/6/14 20:43

• kc0maz

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/4/18

Quote:

sailjapan wrote:

but would like to ask if more than one moderator (or more than one rep from each team for that matter) need to be on the co-ordination team.

I had to go back and double check. Jenclas is the only moderator who is also listed in the Coordination team. I personally would like to see one more or at least an alternate point of contact.

I do have a concern about having one person being on multiple teams. There is some wonderful talent here. While it is nice that they have stepped and volunteered, I don't want to stretch them so thin that they become ineffective.

Maybe I am looking for a liaison between the coordination team the moderators.
Some dream of success, while others wake up and work for it.
--unknown

jensclas

Quote:
Therefore, I suggest that the Moderator team is not taken over by the 'Community Coordination' team right now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Agreed

Quote:
I do have a concern about having one person being on multiple teams.

You are right there - we cannot spread 'selves' too thinly.(those who know me well know I cannot do this myself) To be honest there are two areas I had put my hand up for - docs and moderating - These are areas I have already been working on. Then I have been asked to have a more specific role in the xoopswiki. The team labels became confusing for me and to some extent still are. I am for waiting till the 'teams' are sorted and I see where I can personally function effectively. These teams need to be dynamic - that is open to real life ups and downs and people moving in and out. Once i can see more clearly what the bigger picture is i will know what to do. A clear single post from DJ on the status of teams would help me work out where I have doubled up inappropriately. I will need the weekend to do my own backtracking. I need to do some thinking too.

jen

BlueStocking

docs is a full time job, add wiki to it, nice fit, and you have a full plate, until the job is done.

IF I CAN GET THE POWERS TO BE to setup a moderator label, then everyone with access can help each other do the moderator job. It's bull crap to have to have a meeting on cleaning up a thread. No reason why any of you can't use the scoop pooper and clean up a mess in the hallways on your way around the site. Without specifically having the title of moderator.

My opinion only.
If someone abuses the privledges take the poop scooper away from them.
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

jensclas

MOD Note: @Bluestocking I respectfully request you refrain from using all caps. It is still considered by many to be akin to 'shouting' and therefore will be deemed by some - including myself - as shouting and therefore inappropriate behaviour in this community. Participants in this thread have made comment on the use of Caps that clearly indicate this. I suggest that if you wish to emphasise your point you use the formatting options of 'bold, underline, italic or color instead.

jen response: Off topic:

Quote:
docs is a full time job, add wiki to it, nice fit, and you have a full plate, until the job is done.

I have to disagree with one aspect of this - Docs is never done - they constantly need updating especially if the core team and module develeopers are doing their job of continuing to develop the project. So full plate to get it set up and a system in place yes...but it has to be dynamic.

jen response: Back to topic:

Komakaz wrote:
Quote:

I quite agree

Blue stocking insists on a moderator label - this has merit as I cannot disagree with some of the points made - but Bender has suggested a compromise:
Quote:
How about a compromise? We could probably change the "Who is online" box to either add a [Mod] tag or show the mods in color or both. So you can still quickly find one if online but at the same time we are not hiding.

Think that would be acceptable?

Can we please have some feedback on this idea?

MadFish
  • 2007/6/15 7:14

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

I think identifying mods online is a good idea. I also agree that it would be useful to anonymise them a bit (mod 1 etc) - this would depersonalise moderation issues.

irmtfan
  • 2007/6/15 7:29

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Quote:

How about a compromise? We could probably change the "Who is online" box to either add a [Mod] tag or show the mods in color or both. So you can still quickly find one if online but at the same time we are not hiding.

Think that would be acceptable?

+1
its a basic feature of all forums so i think its just a technical issue and we have it here sooner or later.

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits