montana
No Email Notice Sent
  • 2006/7/13 14:53

• montana

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/13

i revieve an internal error notice when a new user tries to register and is sent the activation email...

"You are now registered. However, we were unable to send the activation mail to your email account due to an internal error that had occurred on our server. We are sorry for the inconvenience, please send the webmaster an email notifying him/her of the situation"

i have my settings set to php, i have configure my mail server and i can send mail through my mail server, i just cant figure out what im missing....

im clueless to the sifference between sendmail and php mail... also is php mail installed automatically with xoops....

also is sendmail something that has to be downloaded and installed?? i see that the phpmailer is mot compatible with php 5, i still cant figure out why smtp wouldn't work or how to use the sendmail option, it wants a path (usr/bin/) but i dont see that on my server

please help, thanks

Bender
Re: No Email Notice Sent
  • 2006/7/13 18:05

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

1. check with your hoster what is offered for your account. I assume you are on shared hosting right?
(normally that would be phpmail)

2. << Here >> you can download a small script to test whether phpmail is working in general. Just upload it to your webspace, call it in your browser and send yourself a testmail with it.

(It has nothing to do with XOOPS ... just for testing functionality)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

montana
  • 2006/7/13 18:25

• montana

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/13

i tried that script and still no email

i am on shared hosting...

thanks...

jensclas

Try a search - especially in the faq section and for further help check the read before you post link below.

Bender
  • 2006/7/13 19:36

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Which hoster are you using? Any faqs there?

Otherwise open a trouble ticket and ask them which is the mailform you should use.

If it is sendmail they should name you the path (which is outside of what you can access by ftp so its normal that you canĀ“t find it using that way.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

superdave
  • 2007/6/13 3:14

• superdave

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/11

I have 2 websites running the same versions of XOOPS both on seperate Yahoo web hosting accounts. XOOPS run fine on both of them, and I set both Mail Delivery method as PHP Mail(). However, I can send e-mail to users from one of the site, but not the other.

The sites are not identical in every way, but generally the configurations are the same. Both XOOPS are located in a sub-directory and not in the root (which yahoo has a problem with).

I've compared both mainfile.php and did not notice any significant difference, other than the unique servers, username, passwords... etc

So what could be wrong? Is there any other file i should check?

Login

Who's Online

408 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 408

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits