Dave_L
[XoopsTeam] Dave_L - Core Development - Member
  • 2007/6/8 15:50

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

I've been working with XOOPS since 2003, and have been a software developer since the '70s.

For the past 1-1/2 years, I've been employed full-time by a company at which my job is to develop new XOOPS modules, and modify the core when required, to meet the requirements of the clients. I'm working with both XOOPS 2.2.5-RC2 and XOOPS 2.0.16. In addition to core hacks, I've written 10-12 modules; they haven't been published publicly.

Ideally, I'd like to work on core maintenance/development that fits both my customers needs and the XOOPS project's needs.

If it were up to me, I would first meet with the other developers to define goals, i.e., the team's direction. Then the goals would be translated into specific action items which could be assigned to individuals or small groups. But if the team leader has another approach in mind, I'm open to ideas.

I also think that the development process should be more visible. That is, the developers should communicate primarily in a publicly-readable venue (forum, mailing list, etc.). This would make it possible for additional people to help out, since they would be able to see what's going on and what needs to be done.

Dave Lerner (Dave_L)

JMorris
Re: [XoopsTeam] Dave_L - Core Development - Member
  • 2007/6/8 16:20

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I cannot speak of your coding skill as I've never worked with you in that capacity. However, I can vouch for your many contributions to the XOOPS community, and they are more than a few.

I feel you would give your very best to the project and I'm glad to see you raise your hand as well.
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

irmtfan
  • 2007/6/8 16:40

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

Thank You Dave,
since 4 years ago that im a registered member at XOOPS i see your continuous efforts for sending core/module bugs plus some valuable hacks for modules.and also many positive discussion with other Core developers in the core forums at sf.net.
at least everybody can see your bug fixes for the great Xhelp module and enjoy from your chess module
you always have my vote.(if this voting is important at all :d)

exbanious
  • 2007/6/9 4:14

• exbanious

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/30

I've read many posts you've made that have helped me quite a bit. you have demonstrated great dedication to the project and i would like to see you help shape the future of xoops. you have my support...

Dave_L
  • 2007/6/9 14:30

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

Thanks for the positive comments.

phppp/DJ welcomed me to the team (I had also emailed my above post to him), so I guess it's official.

I'll do what I can to help.

tom
  • 2007/6/9 14:52

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

+1 on the above.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

instantzero

Quote:

Dave_L wrote:
phppp/DJ welcomed me to the team (I had also emailed my above post to him), so I guess it's official.

I'll do what I can to help.

Excellent news !

giba
  • 2007/6/11 10:36

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Exelent for merity Dave_L. The long long time Dave is great collaborator XOOPS and dev.

Congratz Dave.

Login

Who's Online

143 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 143

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits