ChaoticMess
$newid in register.php?

Hi,

I'm building a new XOOPS site with lots of customizations and have a registration problem. In registration there's a statement
Quote:
$newid = $newuser->getVar('uid');

Which I believe returns a new user id for the registration attempt. Sometime in the last week this has started returning a value of '0' for all $newid. Could I have mangled my database somehow? My users register with account activation by email. I get the notices to admin that I have a new account but the activation mail never gets to the person who wants to sign up. It's worked find for months. How do I trace down this problem?

Thanks for any ideas. CM

wtravel
Re: $newid in register.php?

Are new users stored in the database successfully? Cause only then a value other than 0 is assigned to the 'uid' var.

ChaoticMess
Re: $newid in register.php?

I have some extra fields in the user table for weather and tide forecasts. While making changes last week I created a clone of the user table and developed software around the cloned table..this allowed me to test changes without having my members modifying a table. When I'd made all my table updates I'd copied my user table from my clone. At this point the autoincrement and primary key tags were lost from my user table. I don't remember but like I did a drop table and copy back to back.

In register.php $newid should always give you a new user id after the new member data is inserted into the user table. Thanks again wtravel for your assist.

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits