bigears
Ideas on a register wrapper or signup module
  • 2007/5/2 3:19

• bigears

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/27

Hi

I would like develop a signup form and would like to interface or emulate what register.php does. Basically what I would like to know, is what tables and columns are used when the register.php is executed.

I also looked at Registration Codes module and doco but it mentioned 2.0.14. Has anyone tried this with 2.0.16. Are there any other modules that I could look at to see if it is close to what I am looking to do.

Thanks

Shine
Re: Ideas on a register wrapper or signup module
  • 2007/5/2 6:46

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Although I still use 2.0.13.1 I've changed the register procedure.
Don't know if this is your question but......
I use a regular form wrapped within xoops. It contains a build in reply. The sender gets a copy of their entered signup information.
As soon as the person has paid, I as an admin am going to register the person offically within the XOOPS register.php. This original xoopsfile is only accessible by me the admin.
After I have registered the person he/she gets an automaticly msg (normal XOOPS register procedure) with the information that his signup has been realised and can login immediatly to the website.

Is this an answer to your question and intentions?

Grtz., Shine

bigears
  • 2007/5/3 0:43

• bigears

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/27

Hi Shine,

What I want to do is have 4 important fields plus other fields. Username, password, email address and promotional code. If they enter the username and password they are automatically put into the Regsitered group, but if they supply a promotional code they are entered into a predefined group. The email address will be used for activation.

So I would like to find out what tables and fields are used to register.

Do you or anyone know if there is any API documentation I can look at that might shed some light on the register process?

Thanks

skenow
  • 2007/5/3 1:37

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

It sounds like RegCodes and Formulize is what you really need. Yes, it does work with 2.0.16

Login

Who's Online

475 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 475

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits