wizanda
Found it! knew something was slowing us down
  • 2007/4/17 0:00

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Swear filter x 2 Framework, plus XOOPS own = just lost article posting after all work lately to speed things up again..... like oh no i give up....yet that’s not like me....so further investigation led me around in XOOPS circles..... checking my own work on article to find out if a mistake.....checked everything and then last tried some latest things been playing with....... mainly the swear filter and changing it for censored......... yet thought would check it, as it had led there..... sort…A..... in terms of small submission were ok, yet not large forms in Article and now realize also CBB....
Now to begin article would not post correctly, on both live site and home one, which on 64bit AMD 3400Mhz, with just me on it, it should handle a submission in seconds, yet haven’t tried long posts for awhile, as been playing so much with web dev.....

anyways point being in hopes of maybe, switched off word censor, and wow worked in seconds, not crashing server as to much time to process, article has now speeded up loads and has the overall whole site....

So seems we have a hang up in the system, just thought should tell everyone as some people maybe wondering like me was why their sites are going slower and then panic........... clean the whole of Xoops....... change all your html to tpl.......... modify your whole MySql system........etc......... just to find it was the textsanitizer and a long censor word list.....Oops!
Worst is it sounds like my name and stuff like this always happens like that Zanitizer….......if only I had kept it simple

BlueStocking
Re: Found it! knew something was slowing us down

by wizanda on 2007/4/16 19:00:35

Thanks for an interesting post... (update)
I always enjoy your posts even when I am not having that problem at the time.

BS
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

phppp
  • 2007/4/17 2:05

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Whenever regexp is involved, your site will slow down significantly.

That's the reason for a "compilation" being considered seriously in new CBB release.

DobePhat
  • 2007/4/17 13:43

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

hmmm Never thought about that.
Did you have a long censor list?
We have one but...its not all that big of a list.

In other words do you think simply enabling it has an effect? Or do you think it was the length of the censor list?\

-thanks for sharing

davidl2
  • 2007/4/17 13:58

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Interesting thoughts Wiz .. you do have some good ideas

wizanda
  • 2007/4/17 15:36

• wizanda

• Home away from home

Mine was correlated from open source wiki's and many sources thinking it was something we all needed (it is still in my Zoops download files), in a way some of the entries weren't needed, yet even after removing any suspect ones like fuel-source, fuelling-cheapest etc still wouldn’t allow submissions = (time of MySql expired on long posts) Which to begin worried me as having done lots of changes and thought it might have been by me…..

Yet for ages now, XOOPS hasn’t been what I joined and has begun to take longer and longer to post or just fail as many people mention and then leave.

It is the frameworks one that is causing the problem and why told DJ straight away....

As now submission work and even with a limited number of entries in censor words, still saw a massive delay in everything concerning the sanitizer to extent of failing MySql due to time.
Basically it looks it has to reference each censor word, against each post word.
May try in a bit if it is being done twice, as to say that it is the framework alone is wrong…as that is the exact same code of the normal module sanitizer, only difference could be if it is doing more work or doing it twice some how…which have yet to figure out if it is doing…..

svaha
  • 2007/4/17 20:31

• svaha

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/8/2 2

I can't follow you all the way here Wizanda.
Are you saying that Frameworks (phppp) causes the trouble or the framework of the sanitiser?
What doesn't kill me,
makes me stronger.

http://exm.amevita.eu
http://www.amevita.eu
http://www.alohaspirit.nl

DobePhat
  • 2007/4/17 22:11

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

hmm yes, now Im confused.
What was it wizanda?

-thanks!

wizanda
  • 2007/4/17 22:18

• wizanda

• Home away from home

This is to say that the censor words of the framework text-Sanitizer, is where I noticed the problem to begin, on submissions to any bit using it, there is massive drag.
The systems not using it, it is much quicker....so possibly it maybe running twice or the extras added are causing a delay.... yet on switching off the Censor words alone in admin has increased my overall site speed loads and fixed the drag....so guess then it wouldn't be the extras and so possibly something is wrong, if you can make large submissions with the normal, yet the framework takes to long for MySql on large submissions.
Yet unsure at present where the difference comes from, as submission to either is the same code….

Login

Who's Online

147 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 147

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits