tim1980
Operating System News .com
  • 2007/4/6 16:28

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/5

I have been building a new website called

Operating System News .com is focused on exploring everything about Operating Systems be it PC, Mac or in beded devices. We also hope to expose many Open Source Application, & Information Technology - what ever it's platform.

The site serves to provide a community portal for existing Microsoft Windows users, new and experienced Linux users, Apple Mac users, and all other types of Operating Systems, to a place for people to share ideas, information, news, screenshots, and much more...

The site will become what the users want it to become, so tell us what you think and what you want is what this site will become.

Users can register their nicknames in order to submit News, participate in Forums and contribute any type of content.

Your knowledge may be some one else's source, and hence the cyle continues.

I hope everyone enjoys using this site and is able to share and find something new on it.

irmtfan
Re: Operating System News .com
  • 2007/4/6 20:21

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

nice looking and a lot of proper content
just i have some points
1- its better to active users by sending email instead of active them automatically if you dont want to be in trouble with SPAMMERS.

2- that videobb module is very cool.i just found it now thank you!

3- i think your theme is a little wide. most users dont like horizontal scrolling

tom
  • 2007/4/6 23:12

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Yeah I'd change the auto register to E-mail auth as well.

Never knew there was another streaming module, cool, I'm gonna go play with, I notice there hasn't been a release for a short while though

Nice site.
Kind Regards.
Tom

http://bassmanthemes.com
http://www.xoopslance.com

tim1980
  • 2007/4/7 4:19

• tim1980

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/11/5

I have it on auto register because I'm trying to encourage people to register and contribute so I'm trying to make it easy for everyone. In the past when i have my website requiring email verification for registration I would find a large number of users never completed the registration process.

Thanks for pointing out how the theme is not fitting into smaller screen resolutions, I didn't notice that, so I'll try to fix it soon.

Regarding the videoBB module, I think it could be better... I would like a module like YouTube...

I have recently installed Mastop_Publish and may use it for content management, I noticed it has the ability to post video's but only supports a few formats, not including AVI's which most video's are these days...

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits