Blixer
Question about Main Page Content
  • 2007/3/23 12:49

• Blixer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/3 1

I have certain content that I want to be accessible to individuals that access my XOOPS site without having to create a username and without logging in. We are a school district and we have lots of "publically" available information that we need to provide access to. But I can't seem to be able to get anything to display that content on the main (first page) or to allow you to access it from the first page without logging in. I have successfully gotten a menu item to show up on the first page, but when an anonymous (not logged in) user clicks on the menu item they simply get a screen that says they are not authorized to access or see that page.

Any guidance!

Thanks!

skenow
Re: Question about Main Page Content
  • 2007/3/23 13:58

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

You need to grant access to the Anonymous group for the module/block. In System Admin - Groups, modify the Anonymous group and check the modules and blocks you have them to access without logging in.

Blixer
Re: Question about Main Page Content
  • 2007/3/23 16:33

• Blixer

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/3/3 1

Thanks Steve! I must have spent way too much time focusing on this last night. I could have sworn that I tried that, but when I went back today and did just as you siad, it gives me access like I want it to.

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (151 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits