johmo
xoops CBB access
  • 2007/3/9 17:58

• johmo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/9/9 1

I cant give anonymous users access to view my forum.

I'm using newbb 3.05.

I have the correct permissions set up in XOOPS user permissions AND in the forum permissions aswell. According to the settings anyone, registered or not should be able to see any of the topics/threads.

Anonymously i can access one topic that is all.

The rest just show up empty even though there are threads in them. They become visible once logged in.

JamesSAEP
Re: xoops CBB access
  • 2007/3/9 18:03

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

Make sure you set both "Category Access" and "Can Access" permissions on the module permissions tab.

johmo
  • 2007/3/9 18:07

• johmo

• Just popping in

OK,
I've just discovered tat the ones not showing up for anonymous are not showing up for members either!

It says 3 topics but when you click it it shows up empty.

To add to my confusion, when you use the menu and select view all posts (forum options > view all posts) it shows up the posts that are supposed to be in there!

Anonymous
  • 2007/3/9 18:37

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
johmo wrote:

OK,
I've just discovered tat the ones not showing up for anonymous are not showing up for members either!

Go to "Groups Admin" in the admin panel and make sure that you've given "Module Access" permissions to the user groups.

Whilst still in the Admin panel, go to "Permissions" in the furoms admin and set everything as you wish using the "Category Access" drop-down.

There's a fair bit to set, so take your time.

Quote:
johmo wrote:

To add to my confusion, when you use the menu and select view all posts (forum options > view all posts) it shows up the posts that are supposed to be in there!

This is a bug in the version of CBB that you are using. It wasn't corrected until the current version (CBB 3.08).

You will need to upgrade, and will need to use the latest Frameworks and xoopseditors. That's three fair-sized uploads so allow time. Upgrading is easy - just over-write the files with the new ones and Update the module in the admin panel.

HTH

Anonymous
  • 2007/3/9 18:44

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:
johmo wrote:

I'm using newbb 3.05

In the reply above I'm assuming you mean CBB 3.05 as I think that "Newbb" development stopped at 2.0.2

johmo
  • 2007/3/9 19:33

• johmo

• Just popping in

Yup, thats the one. Sorry, the folder it is in says newbb. i always get confused which.

I've done the update and the latest Framework and xoopseditor, but it is still coming up with the same problem.

If i do as i said before and 'view all posts' and reply to one of the threads that isnt showing up, it will show up, but when i delete it the thread dissapears again.

johmo
  • 2007/3/9 19:35

• johmo

• Just popping in

oops, take it back all working fine and dandy.

Anonymous
  • 2007/3/9 20:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

Quote:

johmo wrote:
oops, take it back all working fine and dandy.

Permissions sorted too?

johmo
  • 2007/3/9 20:08

• johmo

• Just popping in

OK.

I'm going to admit something that is going to make me look like the biggest fool on the planet.

The reason i was confused was because the threads were showing up until recently.

I figured out it was because of the filter ('sorted by') at the bottom. It was filtering out older that 100 days one. I changed it to 'from the beginning' et voila.

Any one know how to change the default to 'from the beginning'?

I best get back to my village...

BlueStocking

by johmo on 2007/3/9 14:08:51

Johmo:
Thank you, I really needed a smile today and you just provided it.

Now your compalint makes perfect sense.

If all life could be so easy to figure out!
Have a good day.

BS
http://hardhunting.com
https://xoops.org/modules/repository .. It is time to get involved - XOOPS.ORG

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits