oldenough
Important access question
  • 2007/3/7 5:53

• oldenough

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/12/11

I am in need of rebuilding a website where they have five general groups of members. These specific groups are in need of a login for the entire groups and NOT for individual members.

Is this possible with Xoops? I am thinking about pre-create username and login for five different groups which should have access to information specific only for them. It shall NOT be ANY individual login nor ANY need for creating and registering individul useres. But the entire GROUPS should be able to log in with their specific username/password and of course it must be possible with many connections by the same group simultanously.

Administrator should be able to change the username/password for the five groups when he/she wish.

I know it won't be any problem with the modules permissions since they all can be group controlled.

wtravel
Re: Important access question

So you can just create 5 groups and 5 users and ass each user to the corresponding group. The groups have to be created in order to assign access rights.

I am not sure if it is possible for the same user to log in from different machines at the same time, but you can test it fairly easy.

Good luck!

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (149 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits