MinnesotaW
Multiple themes, users can't save favorite
  • 2007/2/25 21:52

• MinnesotaW

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/22

Hi all,

I've been to one side of this site to the other looking for an answer..so pardon if I missed it.

I have 7 themes my users can choose from on my XOOPS site. I notice in the database there is a column for "theme" and it's blank.

My users don't get their favorite out of the 7 themes saved for some reason. There isn't a field in the edit account list for users to choose from where I suspect it should be.

I see the column, I know there has to be something not turned on right for this to work.

Xoops 2.0.16, PHP5, SQL 4.0.16

Thanks!

snow77
Re: Multiple themes, users can't save favorite
  • 2007/2/25 22:04

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

there is a module calle XT-Temas that saves the user preferred selected theme, there is a download at XOOPSTOTAL I think and you can also find it here at France: XT-Temas
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

MinnesotaW
  • 2007/2/26 4:05

• MinnesotaW

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/22

Yep that did it...thank you very much for the link!

tenstad
  • 2007/5/5 20:15

• tenstad

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/4/21

I seem to be having an issue with this one. I ftp'd it and was able to install it. I can see it as an active mod but there is no admin menu for it.

Where is the option added? Maybe it adds to another menu that I can't seem to spot.

The website I downloaded it from wasn't in English so I'm having trouble figuring out how to use it.

Terisa

skenow
  • 2007/5/5 23:37

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I believe you need to enable the block for the module (only for registered users) to allow users to select and save their favorite theme

tenstad
  • 2007/5/6 15:32

• tenstad

• Just popping in

HI Skenow

Its not showing up under the blocks at all. I can see it on the Mods list but no blocks were added for the addon.

I looked in groups and it wasn't added to the groups area either so I can't enable it.

Any other ideas or does anyone know of another addon that does the same thing?

T

skenow
  • 2007/5/8 19:08

• skenow

• Home away from home

I just downloaded and installed locally -

There is no admin interface for this module

Under System Admin - Blocks, make the block visible. It's called Themes. (Module: XT Temas, not System). You should be able to see 2 blocks called Themes.

Under System Admin - Groups, the block is activated by default for Registered Users and Webmasters. There is no need to change anything here. Activating it for Anonymous users will have no effect.

tenstad
  • 2007/5/12 14:58

• tenstad

• Just popping in

Skenow I finally got this working thanks to you! For some reason I couldn't get it to show up on the blocks list so I manually edited the URL so that I could get to the option to make it visible because I knew which block ID it was assigned. Once I did that everything appeared as it should have.

Thanks for your help,
Terisa

skenow
  • 2007/5/12 20:15

• skenow

• Home away from home

Glad to hear you were able to get it working for you!

I did discover something you should know - if you uninstall the module, the users will always have the last theme they set as their preferred theme and they have no way to change it. So, if you do uninstall the module, you will need to use phpMyAdmin or another MySQL tool to remove the theme settings from all the users.

Login

Who's Online

66 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 66

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits