• 2007/2/18 10:14

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

@ewonline
Quote:
hack the XOOPS code like heck, which I've done

Can you share those hacks ...?

Or anyone else - I'm very interested in changes that you made in XOOPS and modules ...

you can mail me at leed8888-at-gmail.com

Thanks

birdseed
Re: XOOPS for high traffic site?
  • 2007/2/20 17:13

• birdseed

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/26

Hi Christian,

Okay, I see the point: It is hits per day, not pages per day which you were talking about. Thank you for showing the webalizer statistic. Hits are simply request which the webserver receives. This can be graphics, download files etc. Pages per day is the relevant criteria here - quasi the amount of php pages. You have around 60.000 pages per day. We have around 80.000 pages per day which is comparable to xoops.fr. If you say that you don't have any performance problems, I assume the reason is that the amount of forum posts is less (about 80.000 instead of 650.000).

[quote]
what a "kind" answer...
Are you sure of you own statistics ?
[/quotes]

Yes. Webalizer. Was my answer unkind in any form?

[quote]
Or anyone else - I'm very interested in changes that you made in XOOPS and modules ...
[/quotes]

If there was a simple switch "make XOOPS faster", the developers would already have turned it on. There are some standard ways like caching blocks or installing eAccelerator. Another thing is to optimize slow queries. Usually, i expect that well developed modules already had done this.

greetings
MK

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits