deathrow
How do i add a module and theme to my admin menu from the website?
  • 2007/1/31 21:09

• deathrow

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/1/31

I dont know how too add a module or theme to my admin menu so i can use them i downloaded them but what next.

rabideau
Re: How do i add a module and theme to my admin menu from the website?
  • 2007/1/31 21:11

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Its all explained here:http://xoopsdocs.net/modules/docs/
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

deathrow
  • 2007/1/31 22:44

• deathrow

• Just popping in

So which one is it that shows how ? I cant find it. There is'nt something that explains to how to put a module or theme downloaded from this website on to mine.

DarinAllan

It's all there, look in the "xoops operation guide" this is the exact link, seek and ye shall find ;o)

xoops operation guide here

deathrow
  • 2007/2/1 0:59

• deathrow

• Just popping in

It says upload into all these folders where are they?

deathrow
  • 2007/2/1 1:08

• deathrow

• Just popping in

And i am using siteground to host so i go to cxpanel then filemanager the what? and it dosent let me upload the whole theme file in the theme folder.

deathrow
  • 2007/2/1 1:12

• deathrow

• Just popping in

Is anyone using siteground for hosting? I am very very confused is the any number you guys know that can help me with this problem like a website tech support guy or someone who know a lot and dosent mind talkin to me cause i dont understand any of this and i dont think typin is workin out HELP!! :)

DarinAllan

Maybe you should read something like this, it may explain the basics for you. It's kinda expected that you know the basics and this info can be found all over the net and probably here an XOOPS many times over.

I get the feeling you have installed via CPanel (correct me if I am wrong), CPanel is quite handy for certain things like backing up database etc, but I hardly use it for anything else these days but that's just me anyway.

Start from the start and learn the basic terms and procedures, your host can also help you and usually has basic help pages for beginners.

This is one example of many ;o)

FTP'ing

that will explain a few things for you I hope. Search XOOPS and search the net, you will find everything you need, Google is your friend.

Cheers!

Oh by the way you will have to ask siteground any specific questions you have for them.

Hang in there, you will look back at this one day and laugh I promise you, I know I did. It's like anything once you know what you're doing it's a piece of cake.

deathrow
  • 2007/2/6 16:02

• deathrow

• Just popping in

Yeah i still have no idea what to do i am good with computers but this is all just tooooo confusing i mean i dont know how to use this is there anyone who has a world of warcraft sample so maybe i can see or can someone explain how to upload a theme or a template the links to docs u give are useless i dont know what they are talkin about.

jensclas

Please consider the following:
New users should always checkout the following:
1. Documentation - linked on the left. Specifically the administration manual
2. The FAQ section - linked on the left - specifically the sections on gloassry, beginners first steps, modules, blocks and themes. There are links to visual tutorials here.
3. The search function on the top right.
Please check also the read B4U post link below if you have problems.

For Visual tutorials please go here

Sounds to me like the tutorials will be your best bet along with This section of the FAQ. Most of your questions will be answered here - and you will need to get and learn to use an ftp program. There is also sound advice on programs you need here

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits