cregy
Content Not being added
  • 2007/2/5 19:02

• cregy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/5 1

Hi All

This is driving me mad and I haven't got a clue what I have done. I am hoping it is something as simple as permissions.

I am trying to add content! Now I can add content in blocks but this is as far as I have got. I uploaded the news module and I have been able to create categories but cannot add a news article.

I then tried installing various modules to allow adding of html content pages. All of them would not allow me to add content. When I click on add page or whatever link it just did nothing.

I have been allowed to add content via mxdirectory.

I have just added an article using the module article.

The final module I have uploaded is edito. When clicking on add page, I end up with admin buttons and the menu link at the top but apart from that a blank page.

Just out of interest - to use these modules should I have some sort of editing module uploaded please?

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Rich

rabideau
Re: Content Not being added
  • 2007/2/5 20:45

• rabideau

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/4/25

Hi Rich,

Have you read the info here?http://xoopsdocs.net/modules/docs/

As for edito, you might check the developers site for insight on how that works.
Pax vobiscum,
...mark

may the road rise to meet your feet!

http://treemagic.org

cregy
  • 2007/2/5 21:16

• cregy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/2/5 1

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have read the documentation - not extensively but enough!

I am using the latest version of the content module and have successfully added pages. However, I can't edit them. The submit button just isn't there and now I can't add pages either!

Weird!

Rich

jensclas

have you turned on blocks and set permissions both in the module and in the site admin? Sometimes you need to do both.

And this may help:
New users should always checkout the following:
1. Documentation - linked on the left. Specifically the administration manual
2. The FAQ section - linked on the left - specifically the sections on gloassry, beginners first steps, modules, blocks and themes. There are links to visual tutorials here.
3. The search function on the top right.
Please check also the read B4U post link below if you have problems.

For Visual tutorials please go here

Peekay
  • 2007/2/6 11:38

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

In the News module, open news admin and click the 'permissions' tab. Select the permission 'type' first from the drop-down menu (approve, submit, view), set the permissions for each category and press the 'Submit' button under the checkboxes. Repeat for each permission type. You need to allow yourself (webmaster) all permissions.

I believe the latest 'Content' module also has a permission system incorporated, but I haven't tried it yet. You could try one of the earlier versions (0.5 or 0.6) which are not permission based. Both work very well.

Any module permission options are additional to XOOPS own group permissions system which, as jensclass suggests, you need to read up on. Pay particular attention to allocating block and module permissions to the 'anonymous' user group if you want site visitors to see anything without having to register.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits