davidtillyer
Can NOT connet to DB

Im going through the set up intro program on XOOPS and I have put in all the info for it to connect to the "Mysql" DB and I keep getting the same message.

check database
Could not connect to the database server.

Please check the database server and its configuration.

Can someone please advise me on what I need to do?
Kind Regards
David

jensclas
Re: Can NOT connet to DB

More information is needed - XOOPS version, set up, what did you find in searching the site and FAQ to try for yourself?

Have you gone into phpmyadmin and completed a check and repair on the database you created for your site?

See this FAQ for check and repair of database

perhaps your host server is causing some problems - what did the host service say?

davidtillyer

HI Thank you for your reply. I have asked the host and they have not yet come back to me. I do think this is where the problem lays. I also wanted a professional XOOPS option on this.

I have not gone into MyPHPadmin as this site that I'm trying to connect to is working as I'm already coneecting to this via onother website.

Is it possible to have two websites connecting to one database?
Kind Regards
David

jensclas

hmmm - I think it is possible but i can't say how. I vaguely recall some posting about that question some time ago - perhaps a google search will give you better results than a XOOPS search on that one... If you are trying to use the one database for two sites just as they come no doubt that is why there is a problem. There is probably some tweaking you need to do - trying to think of key words that might help your search - XOOPS multisites, multiple XOOPS sites...??? Hopefully someone will read this and go I know!

davidtillyer

Thanks for your help I will give the google search a try.
Kind Regards
David

MadFish
  • 2007/1/24 1:26

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

You might need to give your database username permission to access this particular database.

For this problem, usually it means either:

1. Your username is wrong.
2. Your password is wrong, or
3. Your MySQL username does not have permission to use the database in question (you may have to explicitly assign users the right to use each database, usually through your web hosting account control panel or through MyPHPAdmin etc).

dizzymarkus

How about changeing the db prefix to a diff one than the original ? same db different tables !!

to share the db can't you make mainfile.php info the same?

curious question and got to wondering myself.

Markus

Login

Who's Online

203 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 203

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits