tjmichner
Turned off website - restoring problems
  • 2007/1/5 21:50

• tjmichner

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/6/22

Hello all...I have an odd situation. I turned off the website in the admin panel and when I went to turn it back on it no longer recognizes my sign on! I can't get back into the site even tho I am the administrator. Does anyone have ANY suggestion? I'm in a little bit of a mess now. Thank you in advance for anyhelp.

jensclas
Re: Turned off website - restoring problems

did you try looking through the FAQ's? Try this for starters here

stefan88
  • 2007/1/5 22:16

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Hi,

You may need to use phpMyAdmin. Open your database and in table PREFIX_config (where prefix is the prefix you chose when installing xoops) look for record whit 'conf_name' = closesite. It should be '1'. Change that value to '0'.

tjmichner
  • 2007/1/5 23:16

• tjmichner

• Just popping in

thank you Stefan very much i will definitely try that. to the moderator - EVERY single POST in this site ALWAYS receives "try faq's" and "read this before you post" and I'm quite frankly sick of seeing it. You SHOW ME IN FAQ's where it gives you the informatino that Stefan provided I dare you. Maybe you should read the posts before you reply with that

tjmichner
  • 2007/1/5 23:21

• tjmichner

• Just popping in

Stefan -

I have opened my database in phpMyAdmin and I went to config but I don't see a conf_name "close site"? is there anything else I could look for?

tjmichner
  • 2007/1/5 23:28

• tjmichner

• Just popping in

actually i was able to find close_site now in the structrue but i am having difficulty finding where to change the value?

Bender
  • 2007/1/6 0:39

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Look for "closesite" and set the field "conf_value" to "0" instead of "1".
If you donĀ“t see it go to the second page of the list. At my latest install its on position 58 and phpmyadmin by default shows 30 per page.

Quote:
to the moderator - EVERY single POST in this site ALWAYS receives "try faq's" and "read this before you post" and I'm quite frankly sick of seeing it. You SHOW ME IN FAQ's where it gives you the informatino that Stefan provided I dare you. Maybe you should read the posts before you reply with that

Got a bad day? Leave it at home please ...

Even when this faq mentioned in the reply did not hit it - I dare you: Did you actually try a search? (which is also a common reply)

Try "access site closed" and look at the forum results. Got the right thread after clicking once "Show all".
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

tjmichner
  • 2007/1/6 0:54

• tjmichner

• Just popping in

im not having a bad day thank you for asking what i am in need of is specific information and we all know the faq's for the XOOPS site are not well organized and takes a great deal of time to navigate when you can ask someone....if you knew of a specific faq maybe you could have just sent one there instead thanks to you both for your information

Bender
  • 2007/1/6 1:34

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

A faq entry has been created and should be available shortly once its approved.

[edit]:https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=653
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

jensclas

It was you who 'shouted' for 'any' suggestion!
Quote:
Does anyone have ANY suggestion?
I did my best.

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits